There are a variety of additional staff, administrative, and technical positions that play active roles in the everyday life of the Firm. We hope that you will want to join hundreds of other dedicated and energetic people who already find their experience at Schnader rewarding. Openings in these areas will be listed as they become available.
FULL-TIME MARKETING COORDINATOR
- Event planning
- Assist in the editing and mailing of client communications
- Coordinate with Marketing's third-party vendor relationships such as outside graphic designer, research and website providers
- Coordinate Firm sponsorships
- Research, order and maintain inventory of promotional items
- Update InterAction database
- Assist CMO and others with business development initiatives
- Assist with drafting and posting of website content, including attorney biographies, news items, event listings and practice group descriptions; coordinate photo shoots for attorneys' professional photos
- Assist in compiling and editing new business proposals, RFP responses, pitches and presentation materials and legal guide submissions and surveys, e.g. Chambers USA, Benchmark Litigation
- Provide executive level administrative support to the CMO
- Additional duties as required
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in marketing, communications or a related field
- At least 3-4 years of marketing, event planning and communications experience in a law firm or other professional services firm
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, InterAction and other database applications is highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and communicate complex subjects clearly and concisely
- Possess excellent written and oral communication, research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, high energy, enthusiasm and persistence, patience and the ability to be gracious under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in high-pressure situations and under tight deadlines
- Possess strong project management skills and the ability to work independently on a project, event, proposal, etc., from its inception to implementation, including post event ROI tracking and reporting
- Possess a high sense of responsibility, accountability, responsiveness and client service
- Able to work with individuals at all levels across the Firm, as well as collaboratively within teams
Qualified candidates should forward salary requirement, cover letter and resume to Debra O'Connor by e-mail to
or via fax to 215-972-7227. Schnader is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MARKETING AND PROPOSAL MANAGER
Collaborate with and support attorneys, marketing department staff and other professional staff to help drive the Firm's marketing and business development efforts. This is a highly-visible and challenging position requiring superior writing, editing and verbal communication skills, proposal process management experience, strong attention to detail, the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, and manage deadlines.
- Develop and produce clear, effective and persuasive customized proposals, pitches and responses to RFPs and marketing collateral. Obtain content from attorneys and other law firm sources and edit contributors' content into cohesive documents with a clear, single voice, and submit proposals, pitches and RFP responses in a timely manner.
- Ensure the Schnader brand and messaging is consistent throughout all proposals, pitches, RFP responses and marketing collateral.
- Assist in populating, organizing and maintaining proposal content, win/loss, and representative matters databases.
- Ascertain the reasons for wins and losses, debrief results with attorneys and appropriate members of the marketing department, assess the results and gather competitive intelligence with the goal of increasing success rates.
- Attend practice group and department meetings, assist practice groups and attorneys within those groups to generate new business opportunities, assist with event planning, facilitate cross marketing initiatives, conduct competitive intelligence research in preparation for attorney client/prospect pitches and prepare attorneys for pitch meetings.
- Other duties, as may be required.
The ideal candidate will possess exceptional research, organizational, analytical, time management, and communication skills, including writing, editing and proofreading. Must have a highly-professional demeanor, be a team player, able to work both independently and as part of a team, and interact successfully with a wide range of people at all levels within the organization. Must be self-motivated, able to work in high-pressure situations and use discretion when dealing with sensitive matters. The ideal candidate will have a positive, enthusiastic attitude, be a strategic thinker, results-oriented, able to work on multiple matters and under tight deadlines and have a strong client focus.
Minimum three years of proposal writing experience in a service-based industry, preferably in a law firm setting. Experience writing and editing marketing collateral including website and social media content. Must be knowledgeable on commonly-used social media platforms, including Linkedln, Twitter and Facebook. Candidates should possess an excellent working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with online research databases. Experience with proposal generation systems is a plus. Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Writing, Journalism or English is required. J.D. is a plus.
Qualified candidates should forward a resume, cover letter, salary requirement and two writing samples, one of which must be a successful response to an RFP or proposal (with people and entities redacted) and the other should be an example of marketing collateral, to Debra O'Connor by email to
or by fax to 215-972-7227. Schnader is an Equal Opportunity Employer.