Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP's Wilmington, Delaware office is fully integrated into our Firm's practice. It allows us to effectively and efficiently represent Delaware business entities and to represent clients in Delaware-centered business transactions. The Firm also handles litigation and bankruptcy cases, as lead counsel or local counsel, in Delaware. As with all our office locations, the Delaware office is prepared to draw upon our experience in each of Schnader's six other offices (in New York, NY; Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, PA; San Francisco, CA; Washington, D.C.; and Cherry Hill, NJ) and in all significant areas of the law.
Our Delaware lawyers are established attorneys experienced in handling complex legal issues. The Firm's practice in Delaware includes:
- Bankruptcy, workout and business reorganization
- Construction law
- Corporate law
- Financial services
- Intellectual property
- Labor and employment law
- Litigation services
- Real estate transactions
and other matters, drawing from the extensive experience among Schnader's attorneys in more than 40 practice areas.
- Our Delaware bankruptcy, workout and business reorganization practice encompasses financial and corporate services, emphasizing creditors' rights issues – focusing on the representation of lenders and other financial institutions, landlords, trustees, corporations in Chapter 11 cases and bankruptcy litigation, including preference and fraudulent conveyance actions, directors' and officers' liability claims, commercial loan foreclosures and replevin actions. Our bankruptcy attorneys frequently handle acquisitions of companies and assets in the bankruptcy context.
- Our construction law experience includes the representation of general contractors, construction managers, and subcontractors in litigation involving both public and private projects, including litigation against bonding companies. We also handle construction lien claims and prevailing wage disputes with governmental agencies.
- Our intellectual property lawyers have extensive experience, including procurement and maintenance of domestic and international patent and trademark rights and registration of copyrights. Our related litigation practice encompasses patent, trademark and copyright infringement, unfair competition, trade secret misappropriation and domain name disputes.
- In the litigation arena, we have represented major corporations, financial institutions, trustees, debtors' and creditors' committees in complex commercial, employment, construction, bankruptcy, and creditors' rights litigation in state and federal courts, including the Third Circuit Court of Appeals and other appellate courts. We have defended multimillion dollar antitrust, franchise, lender liability and business tort claims, and claims of intellectual property infringement, unfair competition and trade secret theft.
Schnader's Delaware office allows us to efficiently serve clients in connection with:
- Delaware corporate law and governance issues
- Commercial litigation matters in Delaware's U.S. District Court and Court of Chancery
- Intellectual property disputes in Delaware's U.S. District Court
- Bankruptcy and reorganization matters in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware
- Sales and purchases of assets and commercial transactional matters with a Delaware nexus
We Understand Delaware's Unique Corporate Positioning
Delaware is the state of incorporation for most of the Fortune 500 companies and is known as a center for corporate and commercial law. The state's business law innovations have led to the creation of many new business entities. We know well the workings of the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware in multiparty commercial disputes, including patent and trademark cases; and of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Delaware, which now handles many of the nation's largest Chapter 11 reorganizations and other bankruptcy filings. We also are familiar with the Delaware Court of Chancery, which issues significant corporate law decisions and decides issues of individual director and officer liability, as a national forum of choice for resolving corporate disputes. Our attorneys are at home in Delaware which is a significant national banking center and the home of some of the nation's leading financial services providers, including credit card banks.