Ms. Kutler's practice centers on real estate and related government contracts, with an emphasis on complex public, private and institutional projects, particularly including transactions involving a mix of governmental units and for-profit and nonprofit entities. She has substantial experience in planning and implementing developments that require the coordination and satisfaction of both public and private goals and requirements, such as sports and entertainment areas and convention centers, new construction requiring substantial public infrastructure, and heavy industrial and energy facilities. Her practice also includes the drafting and analysis of legislation, and she has worked extensively with federal, state, and local government grant and loan programs.
Ms. Kutler represents private developers, owners and lenders in structuring and implementing new projects from acquisition of property, zoning and land use planning, financing, leasing, construction and operation. She has extensive experience in obtaining governmental approvals, both legislative and regulatory, and in reconciling the legal requirements of governmental grant and loan programs with the demands of private sector financing. Ms. Kutler also represents a substantial number of local and state agencies in achieving economic development and other transactional goals. She has participated in numerous significant projects from the early planning stages through completion, coordinating the legal efforts of public and private sector counsel to reach successful conclusions. Varying from year to year, her practice is generally divided between public and private sector clients with a primary emphasis in real estate and with related work in legislation, public procurement and contracts, loans and grants, and regulatory affairs.
Chair of Schnader's Business Services Department, Ms. Kutler has been deeply involved in working with the Firm's transactional practice groups to enhance service to clients in an efficient and cost-effective manner. She has served three terms on Schnader's Executive Committee and continues to participate in the Strategic Planning Committee. Also a past chair of Schnader's Real Estate Practice Group, Ms. Kutler was the founding chair of the Firm's Women's Initiative. Prior to becoming a partner at Schnader, Ms. Kutler worked for over 10 years in the Law Department of the City of Philadelphia where she was responsible for a wide variety of real estate, business, and economic development transactions. She ultimately served as City Solicitor, the chief legal officer for Philadelphia.
University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., cum laude, Moot Court Board, 1974
University of Pennsylvania, B.A., summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1971
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Philadelphia Bar Association, member and past Executive Committee Officer, Real Estate Section; member, Tax Reform Task Force; member and past co-chair, City Policy Committee; past original member, Women in Profession Committee; past chair, Legislation and Local Affairs Committee, member, Task Force on Lobbying Disclosure
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, member, Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Section
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers, Fellow
- Vice-chair of the Public Private Partnership Committee at the American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America for real estate law, 1995-2013
- Noted as a "Pennsylvania Super Lawyer" for real estate law, 2004-2013
- Listed in Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business for real estate law, 2003-2012
- Recognized by The International Who's Who of Real Estate Lawyers, 2012
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Recipient of "Women of Distinction Award" from the Philadelphia Business Journal, 2011
- Recipient of the Earl G. Harrison Community Service Award, 2010
- Course planner for Pennsylvania Bar Institute: 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th and 17th Annual Real Estate Institutes