Ms. Reimann has more than 20 years of experience representing national and international clients in complex commercial litigation, including construction matters, insurance coverage litigation, class actions, multidistrict antitrust matters, and shareholders' rights. Ms. Reimann has significant trial experience. In addition, a focus of Ms. Reimann's practice continues to be in the representation of clients on bid bonds and standby letters of credit to which she brings her knowledge acquired through her employment with major international banks. Ms. Reimann co-chairs the Firm's Parking Industry Practice Group.
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
Insurance Recovery Practice
Parking Industry Practice
- Representation of defendant chemical manufacturer in declaratory judgment action brought by its insurer seeking reimbursement of defense and indemnity payments on bodily injury claims allegedly arising from asbestos exposure and on claims for investigation and remediation of various industrial sites.
- Prosecution of action for declaratory relief against carrier, seeking a declaration that insured is entitled to defense and indemnity on medical monitoring class action and 25 state court actions alleging brain cancer from alleged exposure to contaminated groundwater.
- Obtained summary judgment affirmed on appeal in contractual dispute between former and current property owners regarding allocation of responsibility for $42 million environmental clean up and insurance rights.
Financial Services Practice
- Defense of national parking company in two-week jury trial where landlord claimed that the parking facility was not returned in the condition required by the lease and demanded $9 million in damages.
- Defense of regional parking company on claim for wrongful use of adjoining property.
- Defense of national parking company at preliminary injunction hearing and trial on breach of lease claim for failure to maintain parking facility.
Ms. Reimann represents financial institutions in matters brought under Articles 3, 4 and 5 of the Uniform Commercial Code and other statutes and regulations. Some notable successes have involved:
- Representation of bank on defense of claims for breach of contract, fraud, negligence and violation of HUD regulations and the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act ("RESPA") in connection with the servicing of a mortgage loan and escrow account.
- Representation of bank on defense of a UCC Article 3 conversion claim and cross-claim for indemnification on UCC indorsement warranties. The answer to the cross-claim was printed with the client's permission in Bender's Uniform Commercial Code Service--Modern U.C.C. Litigation Forms.
- Successfully defended a foreign airline in a class action brought by U.S. travel agents alleging violation of the Sherman Act and seeking more than $100 million. The trial court's grant of summary judgment was affirmed on appeal.
- Served as counsel for two retail pharmacy corporations in multidistrict antitrust actions and for a major telecommunications provider in a jury trial of antitrust, economic tort and complex contractual claims.
- Ms. Reimann represents neglected and abused children in Philadelphia dependency and juvenile courts through the Support Center for Child Advocates and received the Distinguished Advocate Award in recognition of her work on behalf of children.
- Ms. Reimann serves on the finance committee of the Wayne United Methodist Church.
ATTORNEY SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
Northeastern University School of Law, J.D., 1989
Rutgers University, B.A., 1985
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
Third Circuit Court of Appeals
Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- International Parking Association, member
- Pennsylvania Parking Association, member
- Recipient of Support Center for Child Advocates' Distinguished Advocates Award, 2010