Sam, a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, is a member of the Firm's Executive Committee and chair of the Litigation Department. A commercial litigator, he has tried to verdict a variety of cases; he concentrates on representing global manufacturers of products in litigation and product safety matters. He has litigated disputes about intellectual property, health care, securities, banking and insurance coverage and more. He has also litigated restrictive covenants and theft of trade secrets claims in the context of departing employees. Sam has extensive experience representing members of the equestrian sport, including some top equestrians.
University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 1989
Middlebury College, A.B., magna cum laude, 1986
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. Third Circuit Court of Appeals
U.S. Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Pennsylvania Innocence Project, Board of Directors, member
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America for commercial litigation, 2009-2014
- Noted as a "Pennsylvania Super Lawyer" for civil litigation defense, 2004-2013
- Co-recipient of the Philadelphia Bar Association's annual Wachovia Fidelity Award, for improving the administration of justice and the profession, 2006
- Recipient of the Pennsylvania Bar Association Pro Bono Award, 2006
- Recognized for pro bono work by the Public Interest Section of the Philadelphia Bar Association, 2001
- Recipient of the Earl G. Harrison Pro Bono Award, 2000
- Selected as one of Pennsylvania's "Lawyers on the Fast Track" by The Legal Intelligencer and Pennsylvania Law Weekly, 2003. This honor was conferred upon 29 of Pennsylvania's lawyers under 40 years of age as a result of a statewide nomination process.
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell®