Barbara E. Little is an associate in the Tax and Wealth Management Department and the Trust and Estates, Nonprofit, Higher Education and Aviation Practice Groups. Through her Tax and Wealth Management practice she focuses on the family goals of wealth preservation and transfer and individual dignified end of life decision making through fundamental estate documents (will, power of attorney, living will) and customized trusts that address each family's unique needs including business succession planning. She also serves as legal counsel for families through estate and trust administration. Through each of these services, she addresses tax planning issues and preparation and review of tax filings.
Through her Nonprofit practice, Ms. Little provides legal guidance from formation to termination to nonprofit and family foundations. She guides nonprofits through the incorporation process. She reviews or drafts charitable gift documents for both the individual donor and the organization. She also reviews nonprofit and family foundation tax returns.
Prior to attending law school, Ms. Little served as Assistant Dean of Students for the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, as well as several other academic positions at universities in Maryland and Ohio. She has supervised or overseen in Judicial Affairs, Student Disability Resources, Residence Life, Greek Life, Student Life (e.g. Student Government, Activities, and Leadership Development), Student Health and Counseling, and Career Development. Ms. Little has authored or co-authored university policies on sexual misconduct and harassment, grievances, criminal background checks and student conduct. She has over 48 hours of mediation training and served as a mediator for various universities. Ms. Little has transferred these skills into supporting higher education institutions through her Higher Education practice.
Ms. Little has also served as a human resources consultant to both for profit and nonprofit companies. She created hiring standards, employee evaluation systems and drafted employee handbooks. She has parlayed this experience into serving as corporate counsel for several family businesses in southern New Jersey.
Ms. Little holds a J.D., LL.M. in Tax and Certification in Estate Planning from Temple University Beasley School of Law. She also holds an M.S. in Human Resources Development from Towson State University and an M.Ed. in Higher Education from Arizona State University. She received her undergraduate degree in psychology and sociology from Northern Arizona State University.
Ms. Little and her husband, Michael, live in Washington Township, New Jersey where Michael's business is located. Both are active members in several community organizations and enjoy skiing, sailing and flying planes and balloons.
- Alice Paul Institute, Development Committee, 2012-present
- Women in Aviation, International – Independence Chapter, President, 2013-present
- Women in Corporate Aviation, 2013-present
- Ninety-Nines, Inc, International Organization of Women Pilots, 2013-present
- Washington Township Family & Community Services/Municipal Alliance Commission, Member, 2013-present
- Washington Township Economic Development Task Force, Member, 2012
- Gloucester County Chamber of Commerce, Member, 2012-present
- Monroe County Bar Foundation, Board of Trustees, Secretary, 2010-2012
- Soroptimist International, Center City Philadelphia Chapter, Member, 2011-present
- Washington Township Rotary Breakfast Club, 2005-2007
- SeniorLAW Center, Pro Bono attorney
- Elder Law Project, Intern
- Washington Township Education Foundation, Trustee, 2003-2007
- Association for Student Judicial Affairs, Member, 2003-2008
- American College Personnel Administrators, Member, 1997-2008 and Commission for Administrative Leadership Directorate, Board Director, 2002-2005
ATTORNEY SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
Temple University Beasley School of Law, LL.M., Taxation and Certification in Estate Planning, 2011
Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., 2009
Towson University, M.S., Human Resource Development, 2003
Arizona State University, M.Ed., Higher Education, 1997
Northern Arizona University, B.S., Psychology and Sociology, 1995
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, 2010
New Jersey, 2010
Honorable Justice John E. Wallace, Jr., New Jersey Supreme Court
- New Jersey Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Recipient of the Temple Law Alumni Moot Court Award (awarded for excellence in appellate advocacy)
- Semi-Finalist, Best Respondent's Brief, and Third Place Best Brief Overall in the Mugel National Moot Court Tax Competition, 2009
- Moot Court Honor Society, Vice President, 2008-2009 and Member, 2007-2009