Valerie Bantner Peo counsels clients in the areas of creditors' rights and business restructuring, aviation and commercial litigation. Her clients represent a diverse range of industries including manufacturing, automotive, aviation and commercial lending.
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
- Represented Chapter 11 Trustee in In re SK Foods, LP, one of the nation's largest growers and processors of vegetable products, in avoidance and recovery actions, including propounding and responding to discovery, negotiating settlements and successfully seeking bankruptcy court approval of settlements.
- Secondment with the Office of the Port Attorney for the Port of Oakland for litigation matters, including representation in collection matters and with respect to claims filed against the Oakland International Airport.
- Successfully obtained default judgment for injunctive relief and money damages on behalf of national automotive repair and tire franchiser for damages arising out of franchisee's breach of its franchise agreement.
- Represented a national lender in an action on secured note following the default by borrower and guarantors, including representing the lender in the guarantor's subsequent bankruptcy filing.
Pro Bono Activities
- Symphonix League of the San Francisco Symphony, President 2013-2012; Advisory Council Chair, 2012-2013
- Smith College Alumnae Admission Program, Alumna Volunteer 2008–present
- Election Protection Program, The Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D., 2008, cum laude
Smith College, B.A., English Language and Literature, 2000
Honorable Edward D. Jellen, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of California
- International Women's Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC), Board Member
- California Receivers Forum, Bay Area Chapter, Member
- Turnaround Management Association, Northern California Chapter, Member
- The Hastings Law Journal, Managing Editor