Pedro A. Ramos is a highly respected attorney, advisor, and civil servant in the Greater Philadelphia region. Mr. Ramos is internationally recognized for his leadership and management skills and commitment to civic justice.
Mr. Ramos focuses his legal practice on the intersections of the business, nonprofit and government sectors. A strategic advisor and advocate with more than 20 years of experience, Mr. Ramos helps clients in all three sectors find and navigate paths through difficult strategic, legal, regulatory and governance terrains.
Mr. Ramos has assisted clients and colleagues in a broad range of strategic, compliance, litigation and transactional matters, including: pension, compensation, and employee benefits laws; fiduciary responsibility; public sector labor negotiations; higher education labor negotiations; government financed projects; public-private partnerships; internal investigations; local contracting laws; campus safety, public safety, and disaster management; and large human relations and civil rights investigations.
Mr. Ramos served as the City Solicitor (General Counsel) for the City of Philadelphia, as well as the City's Managing Director (Chief Operating Officer). In higher education, he served as Vice President & Chief of Staff to former University of Pennsylvania President Dr. Judith Rodin. As a volunteer public official, he has twice been asked by leaders (from different political parties) to lead the governance of Philadelphia public schools through times of crisis. He is the former Chairman of the Philadelphia School Reform Commission.
- Project H.O.M.E., Board of Trustees, Vice President
- Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation, Board of Directors, Member
- Philadelphia Zoo, Board of Directors, Member
- Independence Foundation, Board of Trustees, Member
- CDC Development Solutions (Washington, D.C.), Audit Committee, Chair
ATTORNEY SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
University of Michigan Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1992
University of Pennsylvania, B.A., urban studies, 1987
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Legislative Liaison Committee, Past Co-Chair
- Eisenhower Fellowships, Alumni Advisory Council, Member; Philadelphia Alumni Group, President
- National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials, Member
- International Centre for the Study of Radicalisation and Political Violence at King's College, London, Advisory Board, Member
- National Association of College and University Attorney (NACUA)
- William J. Clothier II Memorial Award, 2013
- El Concilo Citizen of the Year, 2013
- Delaware Valley's Most Influential Latinos, IMPACTO Latino Newspaper, 2012-2013
- Hispanic Bar Association of Pennsylvania La Justicia Award, 2011
- Michigan Latino Law Students Association J.T. Canales Distinguished Alumni Award, 2008
- Philadelphia Education Fund Giving Forward Award, 2002
- Leon J. Obermayer Award, 2000
- Listed in The Bond Buyer's Municipal Marketplace ("The Red Book")