Argued appeals in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania and the Superior Court of Pennsylvania.
Represented a national heavy truck manufacturer in appeal involving crashworthiness claims in Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
Represented a major chemical company in appeal in the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania involving whether Pennsylvania Workers' Compensation claims may be pursued as a class action.
Represented a public policy organization in amicus capacity urging the Pennsylvania Supreme Court to adopt the Restatement (Third) of Torts: Product Liability.
Financial Services Litigation
Class Action Defense
- Represented a private mortgage insurer in dispute with a master servicer over cancellation of coverage on securitized mortgage loans.
- Represented a private mortgage insurer in federal court in the District of Columbia in defense of securities fraud claims involving accounting treatment of reinsurance contracts. The claims against the private mortgage insurer were dismissed for failure to state a claim.
- Represented a holder of defaulted public development bonds in dispute over allocation of proceeds under conflicting waterfall provisions.
- Represented a national bank in defense of claims involving alleged mismanagement of custodial accounts.
- Represented a national bank in defense of claims of alleged discriminatory lending in federal court in Delaware and in the Third Circuit. Discrimination claims were rejected on summary judgment, in a decision that defined elements of prima facie case of lending discrimination in the Third Circuit.
- Defended a major chemical company in federal mass tort litigation seeking medical monitoring based on allegations of chemical exposure.
- Represented a major metropolitan school district in opposing class certification of educational disability claims in federal court.