Kevin S. Blanton, a LEED Green Associate, concentrates his practice on real estate matters, with an emphasis on the representation of institutional and private interests in complex real estate acquisitions, development, leasing and financing transactions as well as acting as local counsel on numerous multi-state, syndicated and securitized financing transactions. He counsels clients in transactions involving combinations of multiple public and private financing sources and the resolution of title matters, easement and land use concerns. He assists clients in all phases of development and construction projects from acquisition, determination of project delivery methods, drafting and negotiating contracts with architects, contractors and other trades or disciplines, to final completion of the project. Mr. Blanton serves as chair of the Real Estate Practice Group and is also a member of Schnader's Pro Bono Committee.
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
- Represented a nationally-recognized research institution in connection with the preparation and negotiation of agreements relating to the design, development and construction of a new facility on its existing campus.
- Assisted a national retailer in preparing a series of standardized, state-specific documentation for use in connection with the design and construction of retail stores in various states to efficiently support the company's geographical expansion.
- Served as special counsel to a large international glass and aluminum fabricator in connection with the sale of substantially all of its assets under Section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- Counseled a group of private investors in connection with the preparation of a bid for the acquisition, in public/private partnership, of a portfolio of city-owned and -operated parking garages.
- Representation of a national public charity in connection with the multi-state disposition of certain assets and programs in a manner that preserves the continuation of public services, outreach and the mission of the organization.
- AIDS Fund, President and member of the Board of Directors
- Philadelphia Volunteers for the Indigent Program
Widener University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1994
Sam Houston State University, B.S., Photography, 1990
- LEED Green Associate
- Philadelphia Bar Association, member
- Widener University School of Law, firm ambassador
- Harrisburg Regional Chamber of Commerce, Downtown Development Committee, former member
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Recognized among "Pennsylvania Rising Stars" by the publishers of Super Lawyers, for real estate law, 2006
- Widener Journal of Law and Public Policy, member and former internal editor