The Corporate Practice Group provides services in a wide variety of areas: entity formation, nurturing emerging businesses, corporate governance, corporate finance and operation and growth of mature enterprises.
Major Corporate Services
Private corporate finance
Public equity and debt offerings
- Representation of investors as well as businesses
- Corporate governance
Mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures
- Antitrust counseling
- Representation of the securities industry
- Corporate and tax planning for family and management succession
- International expansion of U.S. businesses
- Domestic representation of non-U.S. businesses
- Corporate and regulatory representation in the health care industry
- Interfacing with governmental agencies
- Lobbying legislation and governmental bodies
Business agreements of every description:
Drilling Down – The Nuts and Bolts of Schnader Corporate
More detailed information about specific aspects of our corporate practice is available in the following areas:
Other Practice Groups
The Corporate Practice Group calls on other practice areas within the Firm to support our business clients:
- Litigation - For decades, Schnader's reputation has been built on its litigation practice. There is no area of commercial, employment or antitrust law in which Schnader lawyers have not advanced the law, from corporate governance to antitrust, in federal and state courts across the country.
- Labor and Employment - Our Labor and Employment Practices Group handles employment relations planning and dispute resolution, with full capacity to deal with unionization and NLRB issues.
- Tax – Many of our services are highly tax-dependent. Experienced local, national and international tax attorneys support business and compensation planning for both emerging and established companies.
- Intellectual Property – In addition to trademark, copyright and trade secret skills, we prosecute and defend patents in all technologies: process patents, biotech, mechanical, electrical, chemical, software and business methods.
- Banking and Lending – Our Financial Services Practice Group represents banks and other lenders in all types of credit facilities. In addition to introduction to possible financing sources, our lending attorneys can guide corporate clients through a practical evaluation of borrowing possibilities, designing structured financings and securitizations, saving time and avoiding unrealistic expectations.
- Insolvency and Creditors' Rights – Our Insolvency Team has reorganized public and private enterprises in many industries, from real estate to manufacturing, from distributors to retailers, from technology to dot-coms. We help you to recover your assets and loan values and to deal with financially impaired trading partners.
- Real Estate – Our Real Estate Practice Group represents developers, contractors, architects, landlords and tenants of commercial, industrial, office and retail space. We have sited, permitted and built biotech facilities, corporate parks and many special-use facilities presenting difficult zoning and environmental challenges, as well as helped to develop hotels, entertainment venues and stadia for major league sports franchises.
If you have an interest in any additional practice areas that are not listed, please ask us about them.
Whom Do We Represent?
As you might expect, an extremely broad spectrum of clients:
All Types – domestic, foreign, public and private corporations, LLCs, partnerships and ventures
All Sizes – Fortune 500 companies, successful mid-market enterprises, startups and emerging technologies
Many Industries – manufacturing, distribution, retail, service, technology, banks and venture capitalists. Ask us about our experience in your area of enterprise.
For example, our attorneys have substantial experience in representing companies in the following industries:
- Alcoholic beverage distributors
- Automobile dealers
- Automotive parts suppliers
- Catalog sales
- CCRC/assisted living
- Circuit boards
- Contract labor providers
- Crane manufacturers
- Drug store chains
- Educational companies
- Electronic materials and devices
- Electronics manufacturers
- Employment agencies
- Energy service companies
- Franchise associations
- Franchisers and franchisees
- Freight companies
- HVAC companies
- Insurance agencies
- International trading companies
- Internet infrastructure providers
- Investment advisors
- Investment brokers
- Lending companies -- big ticket
- Lending companies -- small ticket
- Medical devices
- Medical groups
- Nursing homes
- Office services
- Plastics manufacturers
- Port operators
- Product design
- Resort and gaming industry
- Toy/games manufacturers
- Trade and industry groups
- Universities and colleges
- Venture capital firms and funds
- Wholesale food distributors
- Wireless tower companies