Former prosecutors and former regulators now at Schnader form the backbone of a team well-versed in the issues raised in government and corporate compliance-related investigations and are well able to defend against such investigations and prosecutions. This experience as government prosecutors and regulators has enabled our lawyers to understand the prosecutorial perspective and to anticipate the variety of legal issues that can arise in such proceedings, and to focus defensive efforts and strategies on behalf of clients effectively.
Among the lawyers we can draw on in this area are former assistant U.S. attorneys, former deputy state attorneys general, former members of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and a former associate regional counsel for the Environmental Protection Agency.
Our lawyers have handled numerous matters for clients involving government investigations, corporate compliance and criminal defense. Our work includes:
- Representation of a durable medical equipment supplier at trial of complex Medicare fraud charges;
- Defense of numerous individuals under investigation for alleged securities violations;
- Representation of many individuals and companies under criminal and civil tax investigations;
- Advising medical practices with respect to Medicare regulations, compliance standards and audits;
- Handling numerous internal corporate investigations, particularly with respect to allegations of fraud by employees as well as forensic inspections of clients' financial records to determine the propriety of questioned expenditures; and
- Defense at trial of a real estate agent accused of mail and wire fraud.