Alexandra A. Fahringer is an associate in the firm’s Business Services Department and a member of the Diversity & Inclusion Committee. Her practice focuses on real estate and corporate law. She represents a range of clients in acquiring, selling, leasing, developing and financing real estate and construction projects. She counsels for-profit small businesses and nonprofit organizations on corporate governance and general corporate issues. In addition, she is a member of the Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Group, where she works with both buyer and seller clients from a variety of industries (including insurance, technology and real estate development) on mergers and equity and asset acquisitions.
While in law school, Ms. Fahringer served as a judicial extern at Camden County Surrogates Court and a student attorney with the Rutgers Law School Domestic Violence Clinic. Ms. Fahringer was selected as a Maida Fellow, where she interned at the Pennsylvania Innocence Project in the summer of 2016. Continuing her commitment to pro bono, Ms. Fahringer continues to work with the Pennsylvania Innocence Project and has recently counseled clients through Philadelphia VIP and the Homeless Advocacy Project.
News & Publications
- Construction Industry Professionals: Check Your AIA Contract Documents for Your Rights and Obligations in Response to COVID-19 Related Construction Delays
- Helping to Navigate the System
- Copyright Lawsuit Questions Answered: Panel Discussion on the Impact of the Fourth Estate Case
- Pull Your Permits by March 31, 2019, Or Your Construction Contract May Need to Be Amended
- Steves and Sons vs. Jeld-Wen: The First Private Antitrust Divestiture Suit
- October 10 is the Date: Be Prepared for Changes to the Pa Contractor and Subcontractor Payment Act
Community & Pro Bono
- Atlantic Center for Capital Representation, 2020 Board Observer as a participant in the Philadelphia Bar Foundation’s Board Observer Program
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA), volunteer, 2016
- Rutgers University School of Law, J.D., Corporate and Business Law Certificate, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, 2018
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, B.A., Sociology of Law, Criminology and Deviance, 2012
- Pennsylvania, 2018
- Florida, 2020
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, Member; Awards/Sub-grants Team, Associate Judge; Law School Debt & Finance Task Force Team, Member, 2020
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member
- Professional Women in Construction – Philadelphia Chapter, Member; Joining Committee, Member
- Rutgers University Law Review, senior editor
- Rutgers University School of Law, Chief Justice Richard J. Hughes Award
- Worked on a merger and acquisition team to handle all aspects of due diligence, vendor and customer notification of transfer, and governmental approvals in a variety of deals including the following recent engagements: (1) the merger of two non-profit corporations; (2) equity and asset acquisitions of technology companies; and (3) the asset acquisition of an insurance company.
- Assisted on a transaction to convey multiple parcels of land with environmental issues from one quasi-governmental authority to another. The process involved working with an oil and gas company to obtain a license agreement to access oil monitoring wells.
- Drafted commercial leases on behalf of landlord for local Philadelphia businesses.
- Assisted in the representation of a tax-exempt organization in an Internal Revenue Service examination.
- Reviewed and negotiated AIA construction contracts on behalf of developer for governmental entity affordable housing development projects.
- Aided buyer client in post-acquisition contract splits and assignments, and transitioning vendors and customers.