Alexandra A. Fahringer is an associate in the firm’s Business Services Department. Her practice focuses on real estate, real estate finance, and corporate law. Alex represents a range of clients in acquiring, selling, leasing, developing, and financing real estate and construction projects. She counsels clients through all phases of acquisition, development, and due diligence process in connection with an acquisition, construction, or financing transaction. Alex also assists clients in entity formation, real estate joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, and other corporate matters.
Alex is an active member of the firm’s Associates Committee and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee, and serves as Vice-Chair of Schnader Women LEAD (Leadership, Education, Advocacy, and Development). In addition, Alex is involved in the firm’s pro bono initiatives and works with the Pennsylvania Innocence Project and Philadelphia VIP.
News & Publications
- LaFaye Gaskins — Free after 34 Years of Wrongful Incarceration
- Construction Industry Professionals: Check Your AIA Contract Documents for Your Rights and Obligations in Response to COVID-19 Related Construction Delays
- Helping to Navigate the System
- Copyright Lawsuit Questions Answered: Panel Discussion on the Impact of the Fourth Estate Case
- Pull Your Permits by March 31, 2019, Or Your Construction Contract May Need to Be Amended
- Steves and Sons vs. Jeld-Wen: The First Private Antitrust Divestiture Suit
- October 10 is the Date: Be Prepared for Changes to the Pa Contractor and Subcontractor Payment Act
Community & Pro Bono
- Pennsylvania Innocence Project, 2015 – Present
- Rutgers Law School Minority Student Program, Mock Interviews Volunteer Interviewer
- MANNA, Kitchen Prep Volunteer
- Rutgers University School of Law, J.D., Corporate and Business Law Certificate, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, 2018
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, B.A., Sociology of Law, Criminology and Deviance, 2012
- Pennsylvania, 2018
- Florida, 2020
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, Member; Awards/Sub-grants Team, Associate Judge; Law School Debt & Finance Task Force Team, Member, 2020
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member
- Professional Women in Construction – Philadelphia Chapter, Member; Joining Committee, Member
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Real Property Section, Executive Committee, 2020 – Present
- Florida Bar Association, Out-of-State Division, Member 2020 – Present
- Rutgers University Law Review, senior editor
- Rutgers University School of Law, Chief Justice Richard J. Hughes Award
- Represented a Philadelphia-based real estate developer in the acquisition, financing, and recapitalization of numerous projects in the Greater Philadelphia area including, but not limited to: (i) the sale, leaseback, and leasehold financing of a mixed-use residential and retail building; (ii) the acquisition and construction financing of an existing building to be rehabilitated and transformed into residential multifamily housing units; and (iii) the recapitalization of an existing portfolio of residential assets.
- Worked on a merger and acquisition team to handle all aspects of due diligence, vendor, and customer notification of transfer, and governmental approvals in a variety of deals including the following recent engagements: (i) the merger of two non-profit corporations; (ii) equity and asset acquisitions of technology companies; and (iii) the asset acquisition of an insurance company.
- Served as local Pennsylvania counsel to a joint venture sponsor in connection with its negotiating and drafting public-private partnership design, build, maintenance, and finance agreements.
- Represented owner-developer in negotiating and drafting multiple construction contracts for affordable housing developments.
- Represented a community bank in connection with a construction loan secured by numerous parcels of real property spanning across three counties in Pennsylvania including cooperation and negotiations with additional funding sources for the project.
- Represented a community bank in connection with an acquisition loan and assignment of existing loan secured by a commercial shopping center.
- Represented a lending institution in connection with (i) predevelopment financing for an affordable housing development; (ii) construction financing for development of market-rate and affordable townhomes; and (iii) bridge financing for the rehabilitation of municipality-owned parks.
- Represented a national bank in connection with a revolving line of credit to a home builder secured by numerous single-family residences.
- Represented a national bank in connection with amending numerous existing commercial real estate loans to transition the benchmark index upon the cessation of the LIBOR Index.