Ms. Fihma Drachman has more than 10 years of litigation, arbitration and mediation experience.
She handles a variety of cases involving product liability, toxic tort, premises liability and construction defect claims. Her practice also includes insurance coverage work, analyzing issues related to allegations of breaches of professional liability. Her clients range from small “mom-and-pop” shops and private individuals to multi-national corporations, municipalities, manufacturers and suppliers.
Ms. Fihma Drachman chairs Schnader’s Women LEAD (Leadership, Education, Advocacy and Development). She also serves as Schnader’s Pro Bono Coordinator in New York. She organizes the provision of pro bono services in areas including immigration assistance, animal welfare, veterans’ assistance, gender discrimination and Superstorm Sandy relief.
Prior to joining Schnader, Ms. Fihma Drachman worked for the New York City Law Department/Office of Corporation Counsel and the United Nations Department of Political Affairs.
News & Publications
- Allison Fihma Drachman Elected to Board of LCJ
- Benchmark Litigation Recommends Schnader
- Schnader Attorneys Named to NY Super Lawyers
- Schnader Attorneys Named to Super Lawyers 2017
- Many Schnader Attorneys Named to Super Lawyers 2016
- Allison Fihma Drachman Named to Schnader Partnership
- “‘Phobia’ Claims – NY’s Backdoor To ‘Medical Monitoring?”
- New York’s Highest Court Does Not Recognize Claims for Medical Monitoring – For Now: Using “Phobia” Claims as a Backdoor to “Medical Monitoring?”
- “Recent Trends in Asbestos Litigation”
- Recent Trends in Asbestos Litigation
- “The Sophisticated User Defense”
- Schnader Grows in New York and Pittsburgh
Community & Pro Bono
- Lawyers for Civil Justice, Member of the Board of Directors
- Share Our Strength’s Taste of the Nation, committee member 2002 – present, committee co-chair, 2007-present
- Labs-4-Rescue, volunteer, 2008-present
- American Heart Association Young Professionals, member, 2007-present
- The Annual Ray Licata Memorial Swim, 2005-present
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D., 2004
- University of Vermont, B.A., 2001
- New York, 2005
- New Jersey, 2004
- New Jersey state and federal district courts
- New York State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- American Bar Association, member
- New York State Bar Association, member
- Benchmark Litigation “40 & Under Hot List” for 2018*
- New York Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2015-2018*
- Earl G. Harrison Community Service Award, 2009
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Deans Merit Scholar 2001-2004
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Further information on methodologies is available via these links.
- Defends large municipality in claims of exposure to various toxins, including TCE, PCBs, mold, lead and asbestos. Successfully won summary dismissals of various actions for alleged exposure to toxins at public schools.
- Represents a supplier of asbestos-containing materials in litigation throughout the country. Successfully won dismissals of numerous claims based on lack of proper product identification and other factors.
- Represents manufacturers and suppliers in breach of warranty and design defect cases involving construction, electrical, printing and hospital equipment, consumer appliances and hazardous materials.
- Defends large municipality in constitutional litigation brought under 42 U.S.C. Sec. 1983, involving the foster care system and schools.