Andrew Chou is an associate in Schnader’s Intellectual Property Group. Mr. Chou is a registered patent attorney whose practice focuses on intellectual property matters including the preparation and prosecution of patent applications, both foreign and domestic.
Mr. Chou has experience conducting prior art searches, preparing patentability opinions, and assisting in the drafting and prosecution of applications in the mechanical, computer software, and electrical fields.
Prior to practicing law, Mr. Chou worked as a Patent Examiner for the United States Patent and Trademark Office in the Computer Architecture, Software, & Information Security Technology Center. Mr. Chou’s electrical systems engineering education coupled with his USPTO background has provided him with experience in a wide variety of technologies in the electrical, telecommunications, and computer fields.
News & Publications
- Limited Extension of USPTO Trademark Deadlines under the CARES Act
- Kastner, Yeung, Chou, and Lewis Publish “Crucial Tips for Using IP Watching and Enforcement to Protect Your Business”
- Impact of Brexit on Intellectual Property
- In Third Circuit, All Confusion Is Relevant in Trademark Cases
- Supreme Court Provides Guidance on the Subject Matter Eligibility of Computer-Implemented Inventions
- Supreme Court Adopts “Reasonable Certainty” Standard for Evaluating Indefiniteness Challenges to Patent Claims
- “3D printing: Protecting intellectual property rights”
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., 2011
- University of Pennsylvania, Electrical Systems Engineering, 2004
- Mandarin Chinese
- Pennsylvania, 2012
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Temple Journal Science Technology and Environmental Law, 2009-2010, staff member