Tony Watkins, a former member of the Firm’s Executive Committee, is an experienced litigator whose practice focuses on complex litigation arising out of all aspects of the manufacture and sale of goods. In addition to representing manufacturers in product liability and contract matters, he has represented their financial and lending divisions in disputes involving the sale and financing of such products.
Mr. Watkins formerly served as an assistant district attorney for the City of Philadelphia and as a Scotland Yard detective inspector focused on white-collar crime and crime scene examination. He served in the Royal Navy for ten years as an engineer and aviator. Mr. Watkins also served as a homicide detective in the Somerset County (N.J.) Prosecutor’s Office.
News & Publications
Community & Pro Bono
- Welsh Society of Philadelphia
- British Officers Club of Philadelphia
- Rutgers University School of Law, J.D., 1981
- Royal Navy Academy, B.S.C., 1962
- Pennsylvania, 1981
- New Jersey, 1981
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Military Appeals
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- Toxic Torts and Products Liability committees, Defense Research Association, member
- Defense Research Institute, member
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell®
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Further information on methodologies is available via these links.
- Apart from contract actions arising out of the manufacturing activities of his clients, Mr. Watkins has represented their financial and lending arms in disputes with borrowers. He has also litigated many aspects of insurance coverage for these clients.
Industrial Defense, Products Liability
- Mr. Watkins has represented the manufacturers of medical devices, heavy equipment, high-tech products and toxic substances. He has defended hundreds of cases involving printing and punch presses and other heavy equipment. He not only litigates personal injury and contract disputes but also contractual and financing issues arising out of the sale and use of such goods