Brandy Ringer is an associate in the Litigation Services Department. Her practice encompasses all aspects of general commercial litigation, with experience in product liability, aviation law, contractual litigation, environmental matters, internal investigations, insurance matters, and appellate litigation.
Ms. Ringer’s commercial litigation practice includes assisting in the representation of various regional, national, and multinational corporate clients. As a member of a national coordinating counsel team for heavy equipment and vehicle manufacturers, she assists with the defense of hundreds of asbestos product liability cases throughout the country. In her aviation practice, she represents manufacturers in litigation stemming from aviation accidents. She has experience in all facets of litigation, including drafting pleadings, handling fact discovery, taking plaintiff and fact witness depositions, drafting dispositive motions, participating in trial preparation, as well as briefing appeals in the Pennsylvania Superior Court and Supreme Court.
Prior to joining Schnader, Ms. Ringer served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Christine L. Donohue at both the Pennsylvania Supreme Court and the Pennsylvania Superior Court. As a judicial law clerk, Ms. Ringer worked on wide array of matters and issues of first impression that came before the appellate courts, including complex civil actions, criminal matters, employment disputes, and family law issues.
News & Publications
- Are You in the Right Court? Recent Developments in Personal Jurisdiction and Pre-Service Removals
- Schnader Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America
- Aviation Happenings: Spring 2020
- Aviation Happenings – Winter 2019
- Aviation Happenings – Summer 2019
- New PA Superior Court Decision Indicates Extra Precautions Needed by Attorneys to Protect Work Product of Third Party Consultants
- Schnader Welcomes Six Associates to its New York, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh Offices
Community & Pro Bono
- Currently assisting in the defense of an individual in a criminal matter with the Pennsylvania Innocence Project.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 2013
- University of Pittsburgh, B.A., Political Science and Philosophy, magna cum laude, 2010
- Pennsylvania, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Honorable Christine L. Donohue, Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, 2016-2017
- Honorable Christine L. Donohue, Superior Court of Pennsylvania, 2014-2016
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch for Appellate Practice, 2021
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Journal of Technology Law & Policy, Lead Executive Editor
- Assisted with dismissals of product liability actions brought against automotive and vehicle equipment manufacturers.
- Assists in the defense of aviation manufacturers in claims stemming from aviation accidents.
- Member of a trial team in a cost-recovery action under CERCLA and the Texas Solid Waste Disposal Act.