Brittany Wakim is an associate in the firm’s Litigation Services Department and a member of the firm’s Technology Committee and Associates Committee. Ms. Wakim’s practice is concentrated in the defense of product liability matters as well as aviation, labor and employment, and financial services matters. Ms. Wakim has extensive experience in all areas of case management and phases of litigation.
Ms. Wakim’s litigation practice involves development of case strategy, drafting pleadings, preparing and responding to discovery, motion practice, preparation of witnesses for deposition and trial testimony, retention of expert witnesses and participation in trial preparation, trial and settlement negotiations.
Prior to joining Schander, Ms. Wakim worked as a trial lawyer at Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott, LLC where her litigation practice focused on professional liability matters with a particular emphasis on the defense of healthcare providers, hospitals and physicians in complex medical malpractice actions. Ms. Wakim served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Theresa Sarmina in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas.
Additionally, Ms. Wakim serves as an adjunct faculty member at Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law, where she teaches an upper level writing course and assists with the Trial Advocacy program.
News & Publications
- Schnader Lawyers Named to PA Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Aviation Happenings – Spring 2019
- Less Snap Back After A Quick Snap Removal: Third Circuit Approves Snap Removals Before Forum Defendant Service
- Aviation Happenings – Winter 2018
- Aviation Happenings- Fall 2018
- Aviation Happenings- Summer 2018
- Third Circuit Permits Removal to Federal Court By A Forum Defendant Before Formal Service
- Many Schnader Lawyers Named to PA Super Lawyers
- Aviation Happenings- Spring 2018
- Schnader Welcomes Six Associates to its New York, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh Offices
- Disclosure of Adverse Events to Patient and Family
- Legal Issues for Gastroenterologists: Part II: If You Have Been Sued, Steps to Assist in Your Defense
- Legal Issues for Gastroenterologists: Part 1: Helping Yourself Before You Have Been Sued
- Risk Management Handbook for Healthcare Organizations
- Powell v. SuperPulper, Inc. Teaching Manual
Community & Pro Bono
Ms. Wakim’s community and pro bono focus is on youth, access to justice, and civil rights. She has handled federal civil rights cases on behalf of prisoner’s lack of access to adequate medical care and has assisted with the defense of an atheist group’s First Amendment rights to free speech. Ms. Wakim volunteers in the community with the Special Olympics, Habitat for Humanity, MANNA, and TEAM Coalition to promote alcohol safety and awareness. Ms. Wakim also serves on the membership committee of the Racquet Club of Philadelphia.
Pro Bono Matters
- Represented an individual in an Eighth Amendment failure to provide adequate medical care, federal civil rights case.
- Assisted in the representation of an atheist group in a First Amendment right to free speech action against a county transit system’s restrictions on advertisements.
- Phi Beta Kappa, Member
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital Gala Committee, 2018
- Racquet Club of Philadelphia, Member, Membership Committee, 2018
- Habitat for Humanity, Volunteer
- Special Olympics, Volunteer
- TEAM Coalition Volunteer
- Boston University Scarlet Key Society, Member
- Omicron Delta Epsilon, Member
- Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law, J.D., cum laude, Trial Team, 2014
- Boston University, B.A., Economics, with distinction, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 2011
- Pennsylvania, 2014
- New Jersey, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- American Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member
- Large Firm Associate Committee of Philadelphia Bar Association, Member
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law American Inn of Court Chapter, Inaugural Member
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” by the editors of Super Lawyers, 2017-2019*
- Law school awards include: James J. Manderino Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy, presented by the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, 2014; and Marshall Brennan Award for Excellence in Teaching and Community Service, 2014
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Further information on methodologies is available via these links.
- Represented a national airline in multidistrict and state litigation arising from a mid-air engine failure and depressurization.
- Represented a private franchise owner in a breach of contract action for back-pay from a former employee.
- Represented a municipality in a contentious condemnation case.
- Represented a mortgage insurer in an action instituted by a loan servicer involving the challenged disposition of over 7,000 claims.
- Represented an automobile manufacture in a products liability action involving the transport of various auto-parts.
- “Legal Issues for Gastroenterologists: Part II: If You Have Been Sued, Steps to Assist in Your Defense” The New Gastroenterologist, American Gastroenterological Association, Fall 2017, contributing author;
- “Legal Issues for Gastroenterologists: Part I: Helping Yourself Before You Have Been Sued” The New Gastroenterologist, American Gastroenterological Association, Summer 2017, contributing author;
- “Disclosure of Adverse Events to Patient and Family” Enterprise Risk Management, American Health Lawyers Association, Third Edition, 2017, contributing author;
- Risk Management Handbook for Healthcare Organizations, American Society for Health Care Risk Management, 2015, contributing author; and
- Powell v. SuperPulper, Teaching Manual, National Institute of Trial Advocacy (NITA) Case File, 2014