Christian Moretti, co-chair of the firm’s International Group, has extensive experience advising domestic and multinational companies in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and cross-border corporate and commercial transactions. His practice includes a broad range of related corporate matters including stock and asset acquisitions and dispositions, auctions, private placements, securities offerings, corporate reorganizations and private equity transactions, as well as general corporate advisory work. He is a member of the firm’s Business Services Department and the Corporate & Finance practice group.
News & Publications
- Schnader’s M&A Practice Nationally Ranked by The Legal 500 USA
- Schnader’s M&A Practice Recognized by The Legal 500
- Update: Regulations Implementing E-Warranty Law Now in Effect
- ‘Privacy Shield’ Replacing Invalidated EU-US Safe Harbor Agreement is Open for Business, but Challenges to its Validity are Expected
- Update: Fundamental Change to U.S. Warranty Law: Consumer Warranties Can Soon be Posted Online
- Schnader Welcomes Three Attorneys to the New York Office
- Schnader Welcomes Partner Christian Moretti
Community & Pro Bono
- La Fondazione NY, Friends of the Italian Cultural Institute of New York Inc., Founding Member, Director & Secretary
- Venetian Community of New York Inc., Director & Secretary
- Friends of Telethon Foundation, Inc., Director & Secretary
- University of Padua School of Law, J.D., 1997
- Columbia University School of Law, LL.M., 2001
- Italy, 2000
- New York, 2002
- American Bar Association
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York (2004-2007, Member, Committee on International Trade)
- Italian Bar Association
- International Bar Association, Business Section
- Columbia Law School Association, Inc. – Permanent Advisor (current); President (2010-2012), Vice President (2006-2010); Director (2004-2006)
- 2013 Super Lawyers – “Rising Star”
- Godwin Pumps of America Inc. and certain affiliates in the sale of their business to ITT Corp. (stock purchase – approx. $585 million).
- Wireless Telecom Group, Inc. (AMEX: WTT) in its disposition of substantially all assets of Willtek Communications GmbH to Aeroflex Incorporated.
- Represented consortium of funds led by Starwood Capital Group, L.P. in connection with bid to acquire Extended Stay Hotels, Inc. and its debtor affiliates through sponsored Chapter 11 plan of reorganization.
- Xtellus, Inc. in its acquisition by Oclaro Inc. (Nasdaq: OCLR) (cash and stock merger).
- The Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino in connection with its acquisition by Harrah’s Entertainment, including the restructuring of the outstanding debt and other arrangements.
- The Related Companies, L.P. in connection with (i) the investment of a combined $1.4 billion of equity and debt by Goldman Sachs Group Inc., MSD Capital (Michael Dell’s investment firm), Mubadala Development Co. (the investment arm of Abu Dhabi) and Olayan Group, a Saudi Arabian company and (ii) its $1 billion acquisition of the Snowmass Ski Resort in Colorado.
- Bracco Imaging S.p.A. in its purchase of E-Z-EM, Inc. (Nasdaq: EZEM) (cash merger – approx. $240 million).
- BravoSolution S.p.A. in its purchase of Verticalnet. Inc. (Nasdaq: VERT) (cash merger).
- Credit Suisse Management, LLC and a consortium of investors including, among others, entities affiliated with Credit Suisse, Africa Israel Investments, Steve Witkoff, Giuseppe Cipriani and Edge Group, LLC in connection with a $724 million transaction involving the acquisition of a 60.5 acre parcel of land adjacent to the existing Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Bracco AMT, Inc. in its convertible preferred investment in HLT, Inc. with option to purchase.
- Fontana Finanziaria S.p.A. in its purchase of large-diameter industrial fastener business of Lake Erie Products from TriMas Corporation (asset purchase).
- Italcementi S.p.A./ Essroc Cement Corp. in their acquisition of the businesses of Arrow Concrete Company and Crider and Shockey, Incorporated (stock and asset purchases).
- The Aladdin/Planet Hollywood Resort Casino in connection with an $820 million refinancing, including restructuring of existing corporate equity and indebtedness (including warrants) and coordination of intellectual property and Nevada gaming issues, ownership re-structuring and related cash management arrangements.
- CNL Retirement Properties, Inc. in its acquisition by Health Care Property Investors, Inc. (cash and stock merger – approx. $5.2 billion).
- RFX Acquisition LLC in its acquisition of a controlling interest in Sports Entertainment Enterprises, Inc. and entities that control the commercial utilization of the name, image, and likeness of Elvis Presley; reincorporation merger with CKX, Inc.
- Morgan Stanley & Co., Incorporated in connection with the restructuring of V2 Music (Holdings) Limited, a Virgin Group company, a Series C convertible preferred investment in a private finance company and miscellaneous stock and asset purchases.
- Acted for certain directors and significant stockholders in connection with the $90 million initial public offering and Nasdaq listing of Allegiant Travel Company, and subsequent $125 million follow-on offering.
- GFI Capital Resources Group in connection with the buyout and refinancing of an interest in CityView Apartments, a portfolio of 4,938 residential units in Houston, Texas.
- The Denihan Hospitality Group and affiliated entities that own the James and Affinia Hotels brands, in connection with the refinancing of existing mortgages and mezzanine debts and related corporate restructuring.
- The Gale Company and SL Green Realty Corp. in a $545 million real estate transaction involving the sale of ownership interests in a 20 property office portfolio located in New Jersey; and a related transaction involving the sale of The Gale Services Co., LLC and Gale Construction Services, LLC to Mack-Cali Realty LP and affiliates.
- Nerviano Medical Sciences S.r.l., the largest Italian medical R&D facility, in connection with the negotiation of a licensing agreement with Pfizer, Inc.
- Relight US Corp. and its affiliates in connection with multiple renewable energy projects in Illinois, Indiana and California.
- Italcementi S.p.A./ Essroc Cement Corp. in their acquisition of Riverton Investment Corp (stock merger) and subsequent corporate reorganization.
- Luxottica Group S.p.A. (NYSE: LUX) in connection with its U.S. group reorganization and corporate governance matters under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and related regulations.
- Gentium S.p.A. (Nasdaq: GENT) in connection with a private placement of convertible notes and warrants.
- Wireless Frontier Internet, Inc. (OTC: WFRI) in multiple PIPE transactions.
- Bracco Diagnostics Inc. and Acist Medical Systems, Inc. in connection with stock and asset purchases, bridge loan investments, license, research and development agreements, joint ventures and other commercial agreements, and a post-merger arbitration dispute.
- Certain U.S.-based hedge and mutual funds, including Amber Capital, Deminor International SCRL and certain affiliates of Société Générale, in connection with equity investments in Italian listed companies; advice on proxy contests and rights of minority shareholders under Italian law.
- Advised the Italian Treasury on General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) violations and other unfair foreign practices.
- Advised the Italian Treasury on the applicability of the Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade to foreign procedures for approval and development of drug and drug ingredients.
- Advised the Italian government in connection with Iraq procurement contracts administered by the US Agency for International Development.