Christine M. Wechsler is a partner and trial attorney in the firm’s Litigation Services Department. Her practice includes a wide range of civil litigation, as well as criminal cases, grand jury matters, and internal investigations. Ms. Wechsler routinely litigates cases in federal and local courts across the Commonwealth and conducts internal investigations for institutions of higher education, governmental entities, and businesses in the private sector, representing corporate and individual clients in a variety of high-profile and sensitive matters. The hallmark of her investigations practice is recommending reforms and implementing best practices.
Previously, Ms. Wechsler served as the Executive Deputy General Counsel for Criminal Justice and Investigations in the Pennsylvania Governor’s Office of General Counsel. She oversaw all investigations pertaining to Pennsylvania’s executive and independent agencies and counseled the Governor and his Cabinet, as well as officials and employees of the Commonwealth regarding myriad issues. These included regulatory and compliance issues; Department of Justice investigations; federal and state enforcement actions; grand jury matters; and criminal justice issues. She personally conducted internal investigations at the Governor’s request and recommended policy and procedural reforms based on best practices.
Ms. Wechsler began her legal career as an Assistant District Attorney in the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office, where she tried over 50 jury trials to verdict and conducted grand jury investigations as a trial attorney in the Homicide Unit. She also served as the legislative liaison for the Pennsylvania District Attorney’s Association in Harrisburg, shepherding victim-centered trauma-informed legislation through the General Assembly.
Ms. Wechsler serves as a Commissioner of the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency, where she promotes efficiency in the criminal justice system and in the delivery of victim services. She also teaches investigations as an adjunct professor of law at Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law.
News & Publications
Community & Pro Bono
Ms. Wechsler focuses her community activities on education and empowering youth. She volunteers at St. Aloysius Academy, Villa Maria Academy, SS Colman-Neuman Catholic Youth Organization, Mercy Neighborhood Ministries, and The Villanova Law Institute to Address Commercial Sexual Exploitation.
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., 2002
- College of the Holy Cross, B.A. in Classics, 1999
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency, Commissioner, 2015-present
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court Disciplinary Board Hearing Committee, Member, 2019-present
- National Association of College and University Attorneys, Member
- Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law, Adjunct Professor of Law
- Noted among “Pennsylvania Super Lawyers,” 2020-2021
- Noted among “Rising Stars” by the editors of Super Lawyers, 2016-2017
- Law school honors include President of Moot Court Honor Society and winner of the Samuel Polsky Scholarship for outstanding oral advocacy in competition
- Counseled a Fortune 500 company regarding compliance with federal financial regulations, government ethics rules, and statutory obligations.
- Worked with colleges and universities to ensure compliance with federal and NCAA regulations, and conducted Title IX investigations.
- Conducted internal investigations on behalf of corporate and government entities.
- Routinely oversees corporate and institutional responses to Department of Justice inquiries regarding civil and criminal investigations.