Courtney Devon Taylor is a partner in the firm’s Litigation Department and vice-chair of the Securities Litigation Practice Group. She focuses her practice on commercial litigation and securities litigation and enforcement.
An experienced litigator, Ms. Taylor represents clients before state and federal courts throughout the United States, and before state and federal regulatory agencies. She has extensive experience in all aspects of pre-trial and trial litigation.
Prior to joining Schnader, Ms. Taylor was a litigation associate in the New York office of an international law firm. There, she successfully represented global financial institutions, issuers, and Fortune 100 companies.
News & Publications
- Schnader Elevates Courtney Devon Taylor to Partner
- What Is More Important for Pitching Business – Preparation or Relationships?
- Courtney Devon Taylor Receives Philadelphia Business Journal’s 2017 Woman of Distinction Award
- Schnader Announces New Leadership Roles
- Schnader Welcomes Courtney Devon Taylor
Community & Pro Bono
- Friends Academy Alumni Association Board, Member
- Directions for Our Youth, Inc. Board of Directors, Chairman (2014 – 2018)
- 2018 Bizwomen Mentoring Event, Mentor and Coach
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., with honors, 2008
- Wesleyan University, B.A., Government, 2005
- New York
- New Jersey
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- District of New Jersey
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- The Forum of Executive Women
Kessler-Eidson Trial Techniques Scholar
American Law Institute – American Bar Association Scholarship and Leadership Award
Recipient of “Women of Distinction Award” from the Philadelphia Business Journal, 2017*
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Further information on methodologies is available via these links.
Securities Litigation and Enforcement
- Represented a broker-dealer in an action alleging fraud and violations of Pennsylvania securities laws.
- Represented a leading foreign energy firm in a U.S. securities class action involving allegations of improper accounting.
- Represented an executive of a major holding company in a merger-related securities class action by investors.
- Represented a major financial institution in a FINRA enforcement proceeding alleging violations of rules prohibiting trading ahead of customer limit and market orders.
- Represented a hedge fund preferred shareholder in a dispute regarding the breach of a share purchase agreement.
- Represented an issuer in a litigation considering whether it wrongfully prevented a shareholder from exercising a stock warrant.
- Successfully represented a financial services provider in an action considering whether it properly exercised a put option, per the applicable provisions of the indenture agreement and a separate, third party contract.
- Represented clients subpoenaed by the SEC.
- Successfully defended a release of information provider against putative class action alleging overcharging for copies of medical records.
- Represented a health care claim review and auditing provider in breach of contract litigations.
- Represented a close corporation shareholder in separation with business partner.
- In a trial in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, successfully defended client against allegations of violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Family Medical Leave Act of 1993.
- Represented a not for profit organization in an employment action involving allegations of disability discrimination.
- Investigated a discrimination grievance filed by a referee of a national governing body of sport.
- Alicia J. Batts, John R. Ingrassia & Courtney Devon Taylor, “United States,” ABA 2013 Antitrust Year in Review, 2014
- Alicia J. Batts, John R. Ingrassia & Courtney Devon Taylor, “U.S. Antitrust Enforcement: New Chiefs, Same Global Focus,” ABA International Antitrust Committee: The Newsletter, Summer 2013
- Alicia J. Batts, John R. Ingrassia & Courtney Devon Taylor, “United States,” ABA 2012 Antitrust Year in Review, 2013
- Alicia J. Batts, John R. Ingrassia & Courtney Devon Taylor, “United States,” The Year in Review: An Annual Survey of International Legal Developments and Publications of the ABA/Section of International Law, 2013
- Ronald Wood, Travis Brennan & Courtney Devon Taylor, “Post-Madoff SEC Reforms: Implications for Hedge Funds,” 43 Rev. of Securities and Commodities Reg. 67, 2010
- Matthew Queler & Courtney Devon Taylor, “More Fines, Bigger Fines,” International Finance Law Review, April 2009
- Louis M. Solomon & Courtney Devon Taylor, “U.S. Court Abstention in Deference to Non-U.S. Proceedings,” Proskauer on International Litigation and Dispute Resolution, 2008
- Louis M. Solomon & Courtney Devon Taylor, “Anti-Suit Injunctions: Enjoining Non-U.S. Proceedings in U.S. Courts,”Proskauer on International Litigation and Dispute Resolution, 2008
- Panelist, “CLEO Connections/Pipeline,” Council on Legal Educational Opportunity, March 2014.
- Moderator, “A Conversation with Harold Ford Jr. and Teri McClure,” Proskauer, February 2014.
- Panelist, “Networking is Key: Tips to Developing Relationships that Can Advance Your Career,” Alumnae and Women of Emory, April 2012.