Daniel Lawn is an associate in the firm’s Litigation Department. His practice includes commercial real estate litigation, commercial landlord/tenant matters, insurance defense litigation, appellate law, and general commercial litigation. He has litigated claims for breach of contract, breach of lease, personal injury, and fraud in federal and state courts. He has experience in all aspects of litigation including drafting pleadings, conducting large scale document review, motion practice, and pre-trial discovery. He also has worked with experts in pre-suit accident investigation.
While in law school, Mr. Lawn served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Gerald McHugh Jr. at the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. He also interned with the Pennsylvania Innocence Project, assessing wrongful conviction claims.
News & Publications
Community & Pro Bono
Mr. Lawn has an active pro bono practice, focusing on wrongful convictions and civil rights of incarcerated individuals. He assists the Pennsylvania Innocence Project in litigating claims of actual innocence. He also represents prisoners in Constitutional claims and claims under Section 1983 of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 2018
- University of Pittsburgh, B.A., Politics and Philosophy, magna cum laude, 2015
- Pennsylvania, 2018
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Member
- Member of team that obtained permanent injunction from the Third Circuit Court of Appeals prohibiting on first Amendment grounds a public transit agency from enforcing an advertising policy that discriminated based on viewpoint by barring advertisements by speakers who identified themselves as affiliated with any religion or as atheist.
- Part of team that represented nonprofit organizations in resolving a dispute over a Pennsylvania Department of Corrections’ Policy regarding inmate legal mail.
- On behalf of pro bono client, negotiated settlement of Constitutional claims for excessive use of force.
- Defended railroad in employee personal injury matter. Presented at mediation that resulted in a favorable settlement for client.
- Successfully defended a social networking application company against claims of fraud. Decision sustained on appeal in the Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Assisted commercial bank with resolving municipal code violations assessed against its commercial property for purposes of finalizing sale of the property.
- Represented multiple commercial landlords in breach of lease matters.