Danielle Bruno McDermott is an associate in the firm’s Litigation Services Department. Danielle has experience representing corporations and individuals in state and federal court, both in criminal and civil matters.
Danielle’s practice focuses on litigation, internal investigations, ethics and compliance, and counseling. Danielle has experience drafting pleadings, briefs, and other court documents in both state and federal court, as well as appearing in court on behalf of firm clients. She also has extensive experience conducting and leading teams in e-discovery and other large-scale discovery projects.
Danielle focuses her pro bono efforts representing individuals in criminal and civil rights proceedings, as well as assisting legal non-profit organizations such as the Pennsylvania Innocence Project. She is an active member of her community, and serves as a member of the Board of Directors of Pittsburgh Young Professionals, a non-profit organization that connects like-minded professionals in Pittsburgh through networking, community service, and professional development opportunities. Danielle serves on Pittsburgh Young Professionals’ Executive Committee as the Recording Secretary for 2020.
While in law school, Danielle was a certified intern with the University of Pittsburgh School of Law’s Securities Arbitration Clinic, where she represented individuals in FINRA arbitration. She received the Outstanding Clinical Student Award for her work with the Securities Arbitration Clinic for the Class of 2017. Danielle also participated in moot court as a member of the Willem C. Vis Commercial Arbitration Moot Team in 2016 and 2017, and argued at the Vis Moot competition in Vienna, Austria. Danielle continues to volunteer to assist Pitt Law’s Vis Moot team in preparation for the competition every year. Danielle placed second in the Pitt Law Appellate Moot Competition and received an award for Best Brief in the competition. She also served as a teaching assistant and research assistant for the Legal Research and Writing departments in her second and third years of law school, was a published member of the Law Review, and served on the Pitt Law Review Editorial Board.
Prior to joining Schnader, Danielle served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Scott P. Bittner and the Honorable Daniel W. Rullo at the Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas for Somerset County. She assisted with legal research and drafting opinions in civil, criminal, and family court matters.
News & Publications
- Danielle Bruno McDermott Joins Pittsburgh Young Professionals Board of Directors, Executive Committee
- Employers Take Notice: Pittsburgh Paid Sick Days Act Goes Into Effect March 15
- Third Circuit Maintains Longstanding View that Private Citizens Lack Judicially Cognizable Interest In the Prosecution Of Another
- Preventing Misconduct and Reducing Liability Risk in Organizations
- A New Risk Assessment Tool for Sentencing in PA Criminal Cases—Reform or More Harm?
- Universities and Sports Betting: New Hampshire Federal Court Sets Aside 2019 DOJ Opinion on the Wire Act
- Pa. Courts and the Limits of Corporate Criminal Liability in ‘Pi Delta Psi’
- Does sports betting put student athletes at risk?
- Sports Betting and the Impact on Colleges and Universities
- Pro Bono Victory Protects Attorney-Client Communications for Incarcerated Individuals in PA
- How Businesses Can Deal With Cryptocurrency Risks
- Federal Court Finds ICOs May Be Securities for Purposes of Criminal Prosecution
- Double SCOTUS Rulings Provide Guidance on Sentencing
- Mugshots or Public Interest? Why FOIA Exemption 7(C) Does Not Categorically Exempt Booking Photographs from Disclosure
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2017
- University of Pittsburgh, B.A., Philosophy and Political Science, magna cum laude, 2013
- Pennsylvania, 2017
- Honorable Scott P. Bittner, Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas, Somerset County
- Pittsburgh Young Professionals, Board Member, Executive Committee
- Executive Women’s Council of Pittsburgh, Member
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- University of Pittsburgh Law Review, Business and Operations Manager, Research Editor, and Editorial Board
- Honorable Mention, Frederic Eisenmann Award (Best Team Oralist) – Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot, Vienna, Austria 2016
- National Member of The Order of Barristers, 2017