David Struwe is a litigation associate who concentrates his practice on aviation matters, criminal defense, internal investigations, and insurance services.
In aviation matters, David has assisted in the representation of helicopter manufacturers in multi-million dollar contractual disputes and in wrongful death suits. In his internal investigation practice, David has assisted universities and religious institutions conduct investigations into allegations of sexual impropriety. David’s insurance services’ work includes representing insurance companies in coverage disputes and assisting in the defense of a mortgage insurance company in its multi-million dollar dispute. David has also successfully assisted a partner of a limited partnership obtain a fair buy-out and avoid litigation.
Prior to joining Schnader, Mr. Struwe served as a Captain in the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General’s Corps, where his roles included Prosecutor and Special Assistant U.S. Attorney and Special Victim Prosecutor. He was first chair at more than 20 bench and jury trials in the U.S. and abroad, handling cases concerning felony level courts-martial, fraud claims, sexual assault charges, and regulatory investigations. Mr. Struwe also advised commanders on military justice and rules of engagement while deployed in Kandahar, Afghanistan.
David is a member of Phi Beta Kappa.
News & Publications
- Aviation Happenings – Spring 2019
- For Young Lawyers – “Panel Weighs In on Partner Clashes, Networking and Gift-Giving Grievances”
- Aviation Happenings – Winter 2018
- For Young Lawyers – “Panel Tackles Quality Work, Courtroom Experience and Drinking at Business Meals”
- Aviation Happenings- Summer 2018
- For Young Lawyers – “First Up: Choosing a Mentor, Pitching New Business and a Little Coffee Talk”
- Aviation Happenings- Spring 2018
- Schnader Welcomes Six Associates to its New York, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh Offices
- Muddying the Waters of the Clean Water Act: Applying Chevron Deference to the CWA Pollutant Permit Regulatory Scheme
Community & Pro Bono
- Member, Christ the King Presbyterian Church
- Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Accredited attorney for the preparation, presentation, and prosecution of claims for veterans’ benefits before the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2011
- Pennsylvania State University, B.A., International Politics, with Highest Distinction, Phi Beta Kappa, 2008
- Pennsylvania, 2011
- New Jersey, 2011
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- American Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member
- Temple Law Alumni Association, Member
- Federalist Society, Member
- West Point Society of Philadelphia, Member
- Research Article Editor, Temple Journal of Science, Technology and Environmental Law, Temple University Beasley School of Law
- Law school awards include: Technical Advisory Service for Attorneys Prize for Outstanding Performance in Field of Evidence, Nat N. Wolfsohn Memorial Award in Real Property, Integrated Trial Advocacy Award, and Barrister Award
- Phi Beta Kappa, member
- Served as Judicial Honors Program Clerk for the Honorable Marjorie Rendell of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Deployed to Kandahar, Afghanistan as part of Operation Enduring Freedom
- Successfully represented a state-related university in disputing and resolving a tax assessment.
- Successfully represented a business in recovering $25,000 from an employee who departed company prior to fulfilling his employment contract.
- Successfully assisted a partner of a limited partnership obtain a fair buy-out and avoid litigation.
- Successfully advised an insurance company in preparation of trial and ultimately negotiated a fair settlement.
- Assisted in the representation of helicopter manufacturers in multi-million dollar contractual disputes and in wrongful death suits.
- Assisted universities and religious institutions conduct investigations into allegations of sexual impropriety.