George M. Riter, Jr. is an associate in the firm’s Tax and Wealth Management Department and co-chair of the Associates Committee. He concentrates his practice on trust and estate issues, including estate planning with a focus on wealth preservation, strategic tax planning, and trust and estate administration. Mr. Riter currently serves on the Board of Directors of Philadelphia Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts (PVLA) as its Treasurer.
While in law school, Mr. Riter served as an appellate judicial intern to the Honorable H. Geoffrey Moulton, Jr. at the Superior Court of Pennsylvania. He also served as a legal extern at the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), where he provided support for enforcement actions against FINRA-regulated broker dealer firms and individuals. In addition, Mr. Riter was a student attorney in the Federal Tax Clinic Practicum, where he assisted low income taxpayers as well as taxpayers in disputes with the IRS.
News & Publications
- New York University School of Law, LL.M. in Taxation, 2020
- Hofstra University Maurice A. Deane School of Law, J.D., 2019
- Elon University, B.S. in Business Management, 2015
- Pennsylvania, 2019
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Philadelphia Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts, Board Member and Treasurer
- Co-chair of the Associates Committee
Hofstra University Labor and Employment Law Journal, Notes & Comments Editor