Mr. Schwartzberg is a member of the Corporate and Financial Services groups and he has served the firm in a number of leadership roles. He applies his business background and broad range of legal experience to assist his clients with complex commercial issues.
Mr. Schwartzberg has developed and presented lectures on tax aspects of bankruptcy and buy-sell agreements to certified public accountants for continuing professional education credits. Other presentations have covered purchases and sales of professional practices, employment agreements, comparing the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods to Article 2 of the Uniform Commercial Code, and the Pennsylvania Electronic Transactions Act.
Prior to entering legal practice, Mr. Schwartzberg had substantial program management and contract administration experience with a variety of commercial and government satellite program.
News & Publications
- Schnader Attorneys Receive Recognition for Pro Bono Efforts
- Lee Schwartzberg to Receive 2017 Support Center for Child Advocates Award
- The Pennsylvania Capital Stock Tax is no More–Now What?
- Potential Tax Changes Ahead for Pennsylvania Nonprofits
- Schnader Attorneys Recognized as Members of the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania’s Pro Bono Roll of Honor
- Majority Shareholders Who Take Part in “Squeeze-Outs” Can No Longer Count Pennsylvania as the Sanctuary It Once Was Thought to Be
- Pro Bono Newsletter Summer 2012
- Schnader Pro Bono Client Deserving Decor In the News
- Pro Bono Newsletter Summer 2011
- Schnader Honors H. Lee Schwartzberg and Paul Titus with Harrison Awards
- Pro Bono Newsletter Summer 2010
- Jeffrey Letwin and H. Lee Schwartzberg to Co-Chair Schnader’s Business Services Department
- Pro Bono Newsletter Fall 2009
- “Reducing the Risks of Defaulting Equipment Buyers”
- “Structuring the Venture” (chapter in Business to Business Internet Exchanges)
- “Considering the Sale of Your Practice?”
- “Avoiding the Pitfalls of Capitation Contracts”
Community & Pro Bono
Mr. Schwartzberg serves as a volunteer child advocate with the Support Center for Child Advocates in Philadelphia and is a member of Schnader’s Pro Bono Committee.
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., 1985
- University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, B.S., 1979
- New Jersey, 1986
- Pennsylvania, 1985
- Mr. Schwartzberg has represented domestic and international purchasers and sellers of a variety of businesses including manufacturers, distributors, retailers, technology companies, professional practices and service businesses.
- He has structured, drafted and negotiated contracts for the purchase and sale of goods and services including pharmaceutical and automotive products, license agreements, development agreements, leases, and a wide variety of other contracts for U.S. and foreign-based companies.
- Mr. Schwartzberg advises clients on the formation of corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies and joint ventures, and related tax and liability issues.
- He has extensive experience representing the owners of closely held businesses, including stockholder and employment agreements, succession planning, buy-ins and buy-outs and dispute resolution.
- Mr. Schwartzberg’s financial services work includes secured and unsecured lending and representation of banks in single- and multiple-lender facilities, credit enhancement for bond financing, debtor-in-possession financing, inter creditor agreements, leasing, and representation of manufacturers providing financing to distributors and customers.
- He represents borrowers in a variety of business areas including manufacturing, wholesale distribution, retail, professional and other services, and healthcare.
- His loan workout experience includes forbearance agreements, loan restructuring and the sale of collateral.
- He also has experience in purchasing businesses and assets in bankruptcy proceedings.