Jennifer Thai is an associate in the firm’s Litigation Department and is a member of the firm’s Pro Bono Committee. She concentrates her practice on products liability, toxic torts, personal injury, commercial, labor and employment, securities, and general civil litigation defense.
Ms. Thai is an experienced litigator who manages cases in all phases of litigation from inception to trial. She has extensive courtroom experience, making regular appearances before California Superior Court judges and successfully arguing discovery and dispositive motions. She excels at effective research, persuasive writing, and methodical use of discovery to achieve dismissals and resolve cases. Ms. Thai works tirelessly to provide creative problem solving and superior legal services in a cost-efficient manner.
Prior to joining Schnader, she litigated toxic tort, personal injury, habitability, product liability, and complex insurance matters. Ms. Thai served as an extern to Judge Zaven V. Sinanian for the Superior Court of California, Los Angeles County. She also gained valuable experience working as a law clerk for both the San Francisco City Attorney’s Office and the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing. While at UCLA School of Law, Ms. Thai served as the Chief Managing Editor for the UCLA Journal of Environmental Law and Policy.
News & Publications
Community & Pro Bono
- As the San Francisco office representative of the firm’s Pro Bono Committee, Ms. Thai strives to cultivate opportunities for herself and her colleagues to give back to the community via pro bono work. Representative pro bono matters include volunteering with Bay Area Legal Aid for the Domestic Violence Clinic and representing tenants in danger of eviction during settlement conferences in unlawful detainer actions with the Housing Negotiation Clinic of the San Francisco Bar Association’s Justice and Diversity Center.
- Member of the California Minority Counsel Program.
- University of California Los Angeles School of Law, 2008
- University of California at Berkeley, B.A., Sociology, with high honors, 2005
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- Recognized as a “Northern California Rising Star” in Civil Litigation Defense, 2013-2020
- Represents many manufacturer defendants in asbestos products liability litigation as both local counsel and as part of a National Coordination Counsel team.
- Represents a start-up technology company as part of a products liability counsel team, providing legal advice on a wide range of issues the company faces.
- Represented a product manufacturer in a traumatic brain injury case, and achieved a dismissal of the manufacturer by successfully moving to quash for lack of personal jurisdiction.
- Managed large caseload as lead attorney for a major product liability client in all phases of litigation, including discovery, law and motion, and trial preparation.
- Represented a food service industry employer in two wage and hour matters.
- Represented a restaurant chain in a fire casualty matter during pre-litigation and litigation phases.