Mr. Eberlein is a member of the Products Liability Practice Group and Litigation Services Department at Schnader. He focuses his practice on complex litigation matters, including extensive experience in asbestos-related cases. Recently, this caseload has expanded to include Bankruptcy Court actions.
Building on past trial success in the asbestos-litigation arena, Mr. Eberlein has recently resolved several asbestos actions, either through summary judgment or for dismissals for waiver of costs. He has also established a record of successful negotiations.
Mr. Eberlein has handled all phases of trial preparation for complex litigation matters. A typical case begins with implementing a comprehensive discovery plan, which includes propounding written discovery. He has taken effective plaintiff, expert and percipient witness depositions throughout the country, and understands the value of investigation and preparation in advance of cross-examinations.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Eberlein has worked on a range of contract and personal injury matters, both state and federal levels. This includes several jury trials, and numerous successful arbitrations and mediations. Prior to practicing law, Mr. Eberlein worked as a research scientist for a pharmaceuticals company.
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D., 1996
- San Diego State University, B.S., Biochemistry
- German- fluent
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California
- Represented brake component supplier in a living mesothelioma case. Negotiated highly-favorable settlement after extensive litigation and effective cross-examination of plaintiffs at deposition.
- Represented major automobile distributor in hotly-contested smoking lung cancer case alleging asbestos injuries.
- Obtained dismissal for waiver of costs in an asbestos action where plaintiff alleged his mesothelioma was caused by printing press components.
- Successfully represented brake component supplier in asbestos wrongful death action. After bringing a motion to strike punitive damages, negotiated a very favorable settlement.
- Represented two vehicle distributor clients in a personal injury asbestos action. Obtained dismissals for waivers of costs after bringing motions for summary judgment as to each client.
- Represented vehicle manufacturer and distributor in two separate asbestos wrongful death actions. The cases were dismissed following discussions with plaintiffs’ counsel.
- Represented insurance carrier in Workers’ Compensation matters. Obtained dismissal in three actions after filing and arguing petitions to dismiss for no insurance coverage.