John R. Timmer is a member of the Firm’s Litigation Services Department. He maintains a litigation practice focusing on matters involving products liability litigation, appellate practice, and commercial litigation. Mr. Timmer also has significant experience in complex litigation, including class actions, federal multidistrict litigation, and mass torts.
News & Publications
- Schnader Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America
- Big-Name Criminal Defenses Offer Pressure and Reward for Schnader
- Products Liability Cases Arising From Holiday Fires
- Supreme Court Holds That Solicitation of Clients is Not a Permitted Use Under the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act
- “Heeding Presumption In NY Law? It Depends Who You Ask”
- Does New York Law Contain a Heeding Presumption? It Depends Who You Ask
- Schnader Attorneys Thanked for Supreme Court Amicus Brief
- Schnader Attorneys Recognized as Members of the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania’s Pro Bono Roll of Honor
- Schnader Adds Ten New Attorneys
Community & Pro Bono
- Tried multiple prisoner civil rights cases to jury verdicts in District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- Represented tenants whom the landlord was seeking to evict in landlord-tenant litigation in Philadelphia Municipal Court.
- Represented families in disputes with school districts concerning the implementation of Individualized Education Programs.
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D.
- Wake Forest University, B.A., economics and politics, cum laude
- Pennsylvania, 2002
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America for Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, 2022
- First Judicial District of Pennsylvania Pro Bono Roll of Honor, 2012
- University of Pennsylvania Inn of Court, Barrister, 2009 – present
- Vanderbilt University Law School Journal of Entertainment Law & Practice, Editor
- Represented the manufacturer of roofing shingles in a nationwide class action alleging that the shingles failed prematurely.
- Represented several major pharmaceutical companies in litigation concerning allegations of off-label marketing and failure to warn.
- Represented a medical device company in defense of allegations involving spinal fusion kits.
- Served as liaison counsel for the phentermine defendants in the Fen-Phen litigation.
- Represented a medical device company in multidistrict litigation concerning allegations of tainted human tissue.
- Represented various defendants in hundreds of asbestos cases in Pennsylvania state and federal courts.
- As lead trial counsel, obtained a jury verdict in a plaintiff-friendly jurisdiction for a public school system on a complex claim involving labor and employment, breach of contract, and promissory estoppel issues.
- Represented a labor union accused of violating the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act in a class action in District Court and twice on appeal to the Third Circuit.
- Have recovered more than $9,000,000 to date litigating claims on behalf of a court-appointed receiver to recover fraudulently transferred funds for the benefit of investors in a Ponzi scheme.
- Represented the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board in the denial of appeals by entities contesting the Gaming Control Board’s determinations of appropriate applicants to develop casinos.
- Litigated Dragonetti Act claims on behalf of an attorney.
- Represented individuals in defamation actions alleging that statements that they made caused the share price of a publicly traded company to drop.
- Represented a hospital and a physician in a trial in District Court in Delaware relating to a heart procedure performed on a child.