Joseph Tiger is an associate in the firm’s Business Services Department, practicing in the Corporate and Finance Groups. He advises clients, both U.S. and international, from emerging companies to complex multinational corporations, in the areas of corporate and securities law, corporate governance, and general corporate counseling. He also works with both buyer and seller clients from a variety of industries (including insurance, technology, and real estate development) on mergers and equity and asset acquisitions. In addition to his J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center, Joseph earned a Master 2 in Global Business Law from Sciences Po de Paris.
Additionally, Joseph has experience representing numerous companies in litigations and arbitrations often involving complex contracts.
News & Publications
- Aviation Happenings: Summer 2021
- Aviation Happenings: Spring 2021
- Aviation Happenings: Winter 2020
- Aviation Happenings: Fall 2020
- Aviation Happenings: Summer 2020
- Litigation and Legislative Efforts to Implicate Insurance for COVID-19 Losses
- Aviation Happenings – Fall 2019
- Aviation Happenings – Summer 2019
Community & Pro Bono
- Metropolitan Opera Young Associates
- American Ballet Theatre Junior Council
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2010
- Institut d’Études Politiques de Paris & Université Paris 1-Panthéon-Sorbonne, Master of Global Business Law, 2009
- Georgetown University, B.A., Economics, 2006
- Santa Rosa Junior College, A.A., Mathematics, 2003
- French – fluent
- New York, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Georgetown Immigration Law Journal, Student Notes Editor
- Due diligence, review of purchase agreement, and preparation of documents for foreign investment in U.S.-based multinational company.
- Representation of helicopter operator in commercial contract arbitration.
- Representation of market of U.S. and London insurers in complex coverage litigation arising out of oil-refinery loss.
- Representation of aviation service provider in commercial contract litigation.
- Representation of lead commercial plaintiff in complex action arising out of electrical fire in commercial skyscraper.
- Representation of market of excess insurers in coverage litigation arising out of major commercial loss caused by Superstorm Sandy.
- Representation of primary insurer in coverage litigation involving application of builder’s risk policy to large hotel construction project.