Joseph Tiger is an associate practicing in the firm’s Insurance Services Group and Aviation Group. His background in insurance issues involves substantial litigation experience and coverage counselling for domestic and foreign insurers. In addition to his J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center, Joseph earned a Master 2 in Global Business Law from Sciences Po de Paris. He has represented insurers, airlines, aircraft maintenance companies, and aviation service providers in both liability and coverage actions in state and federal courts throughout the United States. He also has experience representing individual insurers and markets of insurers, including both U.S. and London-based primary and excess carriers, as well as entities with substantial retained interests and alternative insurance programs. In these capacities, Joseph frequently takes the lead in the development of legal strategies, preparation of legal analysis concerning claim handling and coverage obligations, the conduct of all aspects of written discovery, the taking and defense of depositions, and motion practice, including oral arguments.
Community & Pro Bono
- Metropolitan Opera Young Associates
- American Ballet Theatre Junior Council
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2010
- Institut d’Études Politiques de Paris & Université Paris 1-Panthéon-Sorbonne, Master of Global Business Law, 2009
- Georgetown University, B.A., Economics, 2006
- Santa Rosa Junior College, A.A., Mathematics, 2003
- French – fluent
- New York, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Georgetown Immigration Law Journal, Student Notes Editor
- Representation of market of U.S. and London insurers in complex coverage litigation arising out of oil-refinery loss.
- Representation of market of excess insurers in coverage litigation arising out of major commercial loss caused by Superstorm Sandy.
- Representation of primary insurer in coverage litigation involving application of builder’s risk policy to large hotel construction project.
- Representation of insurer in large subrogation action arising out of electrical fire in commercial skyscraper.
- Representation of market of insurers and insured in subrogation action arising out of crane collapse.
- Representation of insurer in coverage dispute arising out of wrongful death action brought in connection with airplane crash during production of major motion picture.
- Representation of product manufacturer in wrongful death action arising out of helicopter crash.
- Representation of foreign excess insurer in large coverage dispute arising out of Hurricane Maria loss.