Kevin S. Blanton, a LEED Green Associate, concentrates his practice on real estate matters, with an emphasis on the representation of institutional and private interests in complex real estate acquisitions, development, leasing and financing transactions as well as acting as local counsel on numerous multi-state, syndicated and securitized financing transactions. He counsels clients in transactions involving combinations of multiple public and private financing sources and the resolution of title matters, easement and land use concerns. He assists clients in all phases of development and construction projects from acquisition, determination of project delivery methods, drafting and negotiating contracts with architects, contractors and other trades or disciplines, to final completion of the project. Mr. Blanton serves as co-chair of the Business Services Department, chair of the Real Estate Practice Group and is also a member of Schnader’s Pro Bono Committee and Associates Professional Development Committee.
News & Publications
- Schnader Attorneys Receive Recognition for Pro Bono Efforts
- Amendments to Philadelphia’s Realty Transfer Tax Will Have a Significant Impact
- Schnader Announces New Leadership Roles
- As Real Estate Market Booms, Demand for Lawyers Rises, too
- Kevin Blanton and Ron Cusano Earn LEED Accreditation
- Are You Ready for Philadelphia’s October 31, 2013 Building Benchmarking Deadline?
- Schnader’s Kevin Blanton Offers Comment on Philly AIDS Walk
- Pro Bono Newsletter Summer 2012
- Schnader Sponsors AIDS Fund 13th Annual Black-Tie GayBINGO
- Schnader Lawyers Secure Financing for Harlem Arts and Culture Center
- Team Schnader Is Among the Top Fundraising Teams at the 2011 Philly AIDS Walk/Run
- Sixty-Eight Schnader Attorneys Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Pro Bono Newsletter Summer 2011
- “Construction after the Real Estate Boom: Protecting Yourself and Finding Success in a Volatile Market”
- “Construction after the Real Estate Boom: Legal Protection in a Volatile Market”
- Pro Bono Newsletter Fall 2009
- Schnader Honored with Phila. VIP’s Chancellor’s Award
- Schnader Names Seven New Partners
- Twelve Schnader Attorneys Named Pennsylvania Rising Stars
- Pro Bono Newsletter
- Pro Bono Newsletter
Community & Pro Bono
- AIDS Fund, President and member of the Board of Directors
- Philadelphia Volunteers for the Indigent Program
- Widener University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1994
- Sam Houston State University, B.S., Photography, 1990
- Pennsylvania, 1995
- LEED Green Associate
- Philadelphia Bar Association, member
- Widener University School of Law, firm ambassador
- Harrisburg Regional Chamber of Commerce, Downtown Development Committee, former member
- Rated AV® Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Recognized among “Pennsylvania Rising Stars” by the publishers of Super Lawyers, for real estate law, 2006
- Widener Journal of Law and Public Policy, member and former internal editor
- Represented a nationally-recognized research institution in connection with the preparation and negotiation of agreements relating to the design, development and construction of a new facility on its existing campus.
- Assisted a national retailer in preparing a series of standardized, state-specific documentation for use in connection with the design and construction of retail stores in various states to efficiently support the company’s geographical expansion
- Acted as local counsel in connection with the transfer of control of a waste coal-fired power production facility located in western Pennsylvania.
- Served as local counsel for a national non-publicly traded REIT with respect to a series of acquisition, leaseback and financing transactions valued at over $1 billion.
- Represented clients in public-private development projects, development of retail centers, business parks, office buildings and residential developments using combinations of institutional, public and private financing and equity.
- Representation in connection with acquisitions and dispositions of existing projects and multi-state, multiple-property portfolios, including ones involving environmental contamination or located in environmentally sensitive areas.
- Representation of a developer in connection with the acquisition, financing and construction of properties in Center City Philadelphia and the subsequent conversion and resale of the properties as condominium units.
- Represented a developer of mixed use and mixed income green buildings in the closing of a $21 million New Markets Tax Credit loan to finance the construction of a 20,000 square foot African and Hispanic arts and culture center in New York’s Harlem section.
- Represented retailers in landlord/tenant leasing transactions.
- Served as special counsel to a large international glass and aluminum fabricator in connection with the sale of substantially all of its assets under Section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- Counseled a group of private investors in connection with the preparation of a bid for the acquisition, in public/private partnership, of a portfolio of city-owned and -operated parking garages
- Representation of a national public charity in connection with the multi-state disposition of certain assets and programs in a manner that preserves the continuation of public services, outreach and the mission of the organization.