Kristi J. Doughty is an associate in the firm’s Litigation Department. She focuses her practice on litigation, bankruptcy, replevin and foreclosure matters.
Ms. Doughty has over 20 years of experience litigating cases under Chapters 7, 11, and 13 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code. She regularly handles all phases of litigation, including evidentiary hearings and adversary proceedings. She has effectively managed a high volume bankruptcy caseload of real estate and vehicle lending matters. In addition, Ms. Doughty has experience drafting appellate briefs and arguing appeals in the Delaware Supreme Court. Her experience also includes defending consumer creditor rights cases, Lemon Law and asbestos matters as well as litigating consumer collection cases.
- Rutgers University School of Law, J.D., 1987
- University of Montana, B.A., Business Management, with high honors, 1984
- Delaware, 1999
- New Jersey, 1987
- Pennsylvania, 1987
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania
- Honorable Graham T. Ross, Superior Court of New Jersey
- Local Rules Committee of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, member