Kristi J. Doughty is an associate in the firm’s Litigation Department. She currently focuses her practice on litigation and bankruptcy , representing creditors and handling liquidating trustee matters.
Ms. Doughty has over 25 years of experience litigating consumer and commercial bankruptcy cases . She regularly handles all phases of litigation, including evidentiary hearings and adversary proceedings. She has effectively managed a high volume bankruptcy caseload of real estate and vehicle lending matters. In addition, Ms. Doughty has experience drafting appellate briefs and arguing appeals in the Delaware Supreme Court. Her wide-ranging litigation experience throughout the tri-state area includes replevins, confiscations, foreclosure matters, mediations, defending consumer creditor rights cases, Lemon Law and asbestos matters as well as litigating consumer collection cases.
News & Publications
- Rutgers University School of Law, J.D., 1987, best oral argument in Tax Moot Court, 1986
- University of Montana, B.A., Business Management, with high honors, 1984
- Delaware, 1999
- New Jersey, 1987
- Pennsylvania, 1987
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania
- Honorable Graham T. Ross, Superior Court of New Jersey, 1987-88
- Legal Intern, Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Office – Tort Litigation Unit, 1986-1987
- Local Rules Committee of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, member,2010-2011, and Ad Hoc Bankruptcy Committee, 2019