Kristi J. Doughty is an associate in the firm’s Litigation Department. She currently focuses her practice on litigation and bankruptcy, representing creditors and handling liquidating trustee matters.
Ms. Doughty has over 25 years of experience litigating consumer and commercial bankruptcy cases. She regularly handles all phases of litigation, including evidentiary hearings and adversary proceedings. She has effectively managed a high volume bankruptcy caseload of real estate and vehicle lending matters. In addition, Ms. Doughty has experience drafting appellate briefs and arguing appeals in the Delaware Supreme Court. Her wide-ranging litigation experience throughout the tri-state area includes replevins, confiscations, foreclosure matters, mediations, defending consumer creditor rights cases, Lemon Law and asbestos matters as well as litigating consumer collection cases.
News & Publications
- Rutgers University School of Law, J.D., 1987, best oral argument in Tax Moot Court, 1986
- University of Montana, B.A., Business Management, with high honors, 1984
- Delaware, 1999
- New Jersey, 1987
- Pennsylvania, 1987
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania
- Honorable Graham T. Ross, Superior Court of New Jersey, 1987-88
- Legal Intern, Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Office – Tort Litigation Unit, 1986-1987
- Local Rules Committee of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, member,2010-2011, and Ad Hoc Bankruptcy Committee, 2019