Layal Issa is an associate in the firm’s Litigation Services Department and a member of the Diversity & Inclusion Committee. She litigates a broad range of cases in state and federal courts. Her experience includes drafting pleadings, facilitating pre-trial discovery and document production, motion practice, and drafting dispositive motions.
While in law school, Ms. Issa interned at the Defender Association of Philadelphia, where she conducted legal research, interviewed clients, and assisted in representing them in preliminary hearings and motions. She also served as an intern with the Philadelphia Municipal Court and Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office. In addition, she studied international law abroad at Temple Law’s Tokyo, Japan campus and competed in The Hague, Netherlands as a member of Temple Law’s International Criminal Court Moot Court team.
News & Publications
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2020, Certificate in Trial Advocacy and Litigation
- Montclair State University, B.A. in Justice Studies, summa cum laude, 2017
- Pennsylvania, 2020
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Philadelphia Diversity Law Group, Alumni
- Temple International and Comparative Law Journal, Staff Editor and Research Editor
- Rubin Public Interest Honor Society, Fellow