Lee Schmeer is an associate in Schnader’s Litigation Department. Mr. Schmeer’s legal practice is focused on aviation and product liability matters. He is a pilot with extensive worldwide flight experience, having flown 90 combat missions in the United States Air Force. Mr. Schmeer serves as an Air Force Reserve Instructor Pilot on the C-17 Globemaster III.
While in law school, he interned for The Honorable Robert B. Kugler in the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey and at the United States Environmental Protection Agency, Region III Office of Regional Counsel. He also served as a summer associate at Schnader in 2013.
News & Publications
- Aviation Happenings – Spring 2019
- Aviation Happenings – Winter 2018
- Aviation Happenings- Fall 2018
- Aviation Happenings- Summer 2018
- Aviation Happenings- Spring 2018
- Carl Schaerf and Lee Schmeer Analyze Challenges for the Government Contractor’s Defense under the New Presidential Administration
- Aviation Happenings- Winter 2017
- Why Pilots Take to the Skies, Despite the Risks
- Lee Schmeer Recognized in Article about Air Force Reserve Humanitarian Mission to Haiti
- Aviation Happenings- Fall 2017
- Aviation Happenings- Summer 2017
- Aviation Happenings- Spring 2017
- Aviation Happenings- Winter 2016-2017
- Aviation Happenings- Fall 2016
- Settling Defendants Beware: Eleventh Circuit Holds Settling Insurer Liable for Failure to Protect Medicare Payments Made by Private Insurer
- Schnader Associate Lee C. Schmeer Pins on Rank of Major in the U.S. Air Force Reserve
- Aviation Happenings- Summer 2016
- Picking up the Pieces: Plaintiffs Relying on Registration Statutes in the Wake of Daimler
- Aviation Happenings- Spring 2016
- Greasing the Wheels of Safety: NTSB Updates Regulations Governing Reports and Proceedings
- The FAA’s Drone Dilemma: The Need for Regulation vs. Liberal Licensing
- Aviation Happenings- Summer 2015
- Eighth Circuit Applies Compulsory Insurance Doctrine to Save Northwest: What Will Save You?
- Schnader Welcomes Two New Associates
- Recent NJ Appellate Court Decision Indicative of Continuing Uncertainty Regarding Personal Jurisdiction Over Foreign Manufacturers Using U.S. Distributors
- Aviation Happenings – Winter 2014
Community & Pro Bono
- Philadelphia Bar Foundation Board Observer Program Advisory Committee, Member
- Military Assistance Project, Member of the Board of Directors
- Represented Philadelphia prison inmate in section 1983 case in Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- Representing artist in contract dispute on behalf of Philadelphia Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts.
- Certified by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs to represent veterans in claims disputes with the VA.
- Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2014
- University of California at Santa Barbara, B.A., with honors, 2004
- Pennsylvania, 2014
- New Jersey, 2014
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- JDSupra Readers’ Choice Award Winner, 2017
- Assisted in the defense of a major aircraft manufacturer in a fatal twin turbo-propeller crash.
- Assisted in defense of relay manufacturer in Pilatus PC-12 crash.
- Defended major engine manufacturer in fatal Apache helicopter accident.
- Defended solar energy company in a suit arising from the crash of reconnaissance flight over a solar construction site.
- Assisting in defense of major airline in a suit arising from alleged injuries suffered during takeoff.
- Assisting in defense of dry lessee in 2014 G-IV crash at Hanscom Field, MA.
- Defending major airline in cases arising from alleged injuries sustained during severe turbulence encounter.
- Defending major aircraft refueling equipment manufacturer against design defect claims.
- Successfully defended major airline in arbitration arising from injuries to passenger allegedly sustained during aircraft boarding.
- Defended major electrical product manufacturer in case arising from house fire.
- Defended developer in contract dispute with purchaser of condominium.
- Representing several major corporate trustee institutions in disputes with trust beneficiaries.