Lisa J. Rodriguez is the managing partner of the Firm’s Cherry Hill, New Jersey office. She has decades of experience in litigating complex, multiparty class actions for business and government agencies on both the plaintiffs’ and defendants’ sides. Her class action experience spans a variety of substantive areas, including antitrust, securities and consumer matters. She represents clients in matters involving intellectual property issues and corporate governance disputes. As an appellate advocate, Mr. Rodriguez frequently briefs and argues appeals in both state and federal appellate courts.
Ms. Rodriguez is actively involved in the Federal Bar of the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey. She is a Past President of the Association of the Federal Bar of the District of New Jersey, 2011-2012. She is currently a member the Lawyers Advisory Committee for the District of New Jersey, a committee that serves the District Court and among other things, serves as a liaison and a method of communication between the bench, bar and the public.
Ms. Rodriguez was instrumental in developing the Brown Bag Lunch Series sponsored by the Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey, in cooperation with the Judges of the District Court for the District of New Jersey. This is a lunch time continuing education program during which a panel of District Court Judges and federal court practitioners address issues of federal practice and procedure.
Ms. Rodriguez is a frequent panel speaker. She has appeared for the Practicing Law Institute on Securities Regulation and the Philadelphia Bar Education Center on consumer and class action issues. She has spoken at a HarrisMartin Antitrust Pay-for-Delay Litigation Conference and the American Bar Association National Institute on Class Actions. She has also appeared for the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Education on a variety of topics, including best appellate practices and class actions practices and procedures.
News & Publications
- Dispute Resolution for Coronavirus-Related Business Claims
- Schnader Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America 2020
- Schnader Lawyers Named to PA Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Schnader Signs on to Mansfield Rule 2.0 to Drive Diversity in Leadership Roles and Lateral Hiring
- Schnader Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America 2019
- Many Schnader Lawyers Named to PA Super Lawyers
- Lisa Rodriguez Named to Super Lawyers 2018
- Schnader Attorneys Named to Super Lawyers 2017
- 40 Schnader Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America 2018
- Many Schnader Attorneys Named to Super Lawyers 2016
- Thirty-Seven Schnader Attorneys Selected for The Best Lawyers in America 2017
- Lisa Rodriguez Quoted in Runner’s World
- New Jersey Civil Practice: Appellate Review
- Super Lawyers Recognizes Many Schnader Attorneys in 2015
- Lisa J. Rodriguez Named the 2014 Professional Lawyer of the Year by AFBNJ and NJCPL
- Schnader Names Lisa Rodriguez Cherry Hill Managing Partner
- Super Lawyers Recognizes Many Schnader Attorneys in 2014
- Four South Jersey Partners Recognized as “Best Attorneys in Business”
- Attorneys from Rodriguez & Richards Named Among Top Laterals of 2013
- Trujillo Rodriguez & Richards Named Among Top Laterals in Philadelphia
- Attorneys from Trujillo Rodriguez & Richards Join Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis
Community & Pro Bono
- Serves as the Chair of the Board of Camden Center for Law and Social Justice, an organization that seeks to promote justice for the working poor in Southern New Jersey.
- Trustee of Legal Services of New Jersey
- George Washington University Law School, J.D., with honors
- George Washington University, B.A
- New Jersey
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- Honorable Mitchell H. Cohen, U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Co-Chair of the New Jersey Fellow of The American Bar Foundation
- Immediate Past-chair of the New Jersey Bar Association Class Action Committee
- New Jersey Lawyers’ Fund for Client Protection, past-chairman
- Lawyers Advisory Committee of the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, Member
- New Jersey Supreme Court Ad Hoc Committee on the Uniform Bar Examination (2015-2016)
- Served on the Third Circuit Task Force on the Selection of Class Counsel (appointed by Chief Judge Edward Becker)
- Bar Association of the Third Federal Circuit, Board of Governors
- Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey, Past President
- Recipient, 2014 Professional Lawyer of the Year Award, Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey and New Jersey Commission on Professionalism in the Law*
- Noted as a “New Jersey Super Lawyer” in the area of class action, 2014-2019*
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America in Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions – Plaintiffs, 2016-present*
- Noted as a Pennsylvania “Super Lawyer,” 2016-2019*
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Further information on methodologies is available via these links.
Ms. Rodriguez’ intellectual property experience includes:
- Serves as New Jersey counsel representing generic drug companies in patent infringement cases.
- Represented tech company in patent infringement litigation.
Class Action Experience
Ms. Rodriguez’ class action experience includes:
- Represented three defendants against whom consumer fraud claims were brought, challenging their automated email unsubscribe process.
- Successfully defended class certification brought against a medical records provider.
- Served as co-counsel in a five week trial on behalf of a class of pilots who were denied seniority when their airline was purchased by another airline, successfully leading to a liability verdict on behalf of the class of airline pilots.
- Appointed by the court to serve as class counsel on behalf of the inmates of the Camden County Correctional Facility in an unconstitutional overcrowding action. As a result of the parties’ combined efforts in that case, the inmate processing through the entire Camden County criminal justice system was revamped, resulting in the substantial reduction of the inmate population. In connection with that case, Camden County became the first county in New Jersey to offer a pretrial services program to county and state inmates.
- Served as co-lead counsel in class actions challenging the practices of some companies in the rent-to-own industry in New Jersey, obtaining summary judgment on liability and damages on behalf of three certified classes.
In the antitrust field, Ms. Rodriguez’ experience includes:
- Serves as liaison counsel in pay-for-delay antitrust litigation pending in the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
- Represents indirect purchasers of ductile pipe in antitrust litigation pending in the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
- Served as liaison counsel in a number of federal court actions in actions relating to the pricing of various name brand and generic drugs.
- Court appointed by United States District Court Judge to serve as a member of the steering committee in a MDL antitrust litigation pending in the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey,
Ms. Rodriguez is a contributing editor for the New Jersey Federal Civil Procedure Manual (Appeals), 2016-2020.
- Class Action Litigation in 2020: What You Need to Know
- Class Actions: Perspectives on Key Issues
- Lisa Rodriguez Spoke at NJ State Bar Convention
- Lisa Rodriguez Spoke on Amendments to Federal Rules
- Schnader Partners Spoke at Construction Super Conference
- Lisa Rodriguez Spoke at New Jersey State Bar CLE on Federal Rules and Procedure
- Lisa Rodriguez Presented at the ABA’s National Institute on Class Actions
- Lisa Rodriguez Spoke at “The Art of the Deposition”
- Lisa Rodriguez Discussed “Ethics and Professionalism Issues in Federal Court Practice”
- Lisa Rodriguez Presented “Handling the High-Profile Case” at the New Jersey State Bar Association’s 2014 Annual Meeting and Convention
- Lisa Rodriguez Joined “Is There a Right Time to Settle?” Panel Presented by the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey and the Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey