A litigator with over 30 years of experience, Ms. Rowan focuses her practice on the defense of railroads, self-insured corporations and insurance companies. She defends railroads in personal injury and wrongful death/survival actions, including FELA cases, in federal and state courts. She also defends self-insured corporations and insurance companies in personal injury and breach of contract cases.
A member of the National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel (NARTC), Ms. Rowan regularly teaches at the NARTC Trial College. She also frequently speaks at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, Southeastern Claims Conferences, and NARTC conferences.
News & Publications
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., 1983
- LaSalle University, B.A., 1980
- Pennsylvania, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member
- Philadelphia Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel, Former Eastern Regional Vice President
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel, Instructor
- Named to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers list for Transportation & Maritime, 2013-2018
- Award for Exceptional Service as a Judge Pro Tempore in Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas, 2017
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America for Railroad Law 2020