Monica Matias is an associate in the firm’s Litigation Services Department. Her practice involves litigating a broad range of cases in state and federal courts, in both criminal and civil matters. Her experience includes drafting pleadings, facilitating pre-trial discovery and document production, motion practice, drafting dispositive motions, and assisting in internal investigations. Ms. Matias is also a member of the firm’s Sports Law Team and is actively involved in counseling both businesses and educational institutions on novel issues impacting the sports world.
While in law school, Ms. Matias served as a legal extern to the Honorable Richard G. Andrews at the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware, where she conducted legal research and drafted memoranda on issues including statutes of limitation and remedies for breach of contract.
Prior to law school, Ms. Matias was a Division I tennis player at the University of Central Florida where she finished as the program’s All-Time Wins Leader. Ms. Matias was also part of the Puerto Rico National Tennis Team where she played alongside Olympic Gold Medalist, Monica Puig, and earned a bronze medal for Puerto Rico in the Central American and Caribbean Games.
News & Publications
Community & Pro Bono
- Habitat for Humanity, Volunteer
- SBP, Volunteer
- Villanova Clinic for Asylum, Refugee, and Emigrant Services, Translator
- Feeding Children Everywhere, Volunteer
- Knights Without Borders, Volunteer
- Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2021
- University of Central Florida, B.A. in Human Communication, cum laude, 2018
- Spanish – fluent
- Pennsylvania, 2021
- Hispanic Bar Association of Pennsylvania, Member
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member
- Villanova Environmental Law Journal, Managing Editor of Student Works and Diversity Editor
- Law school awards include: Jan Jancin Award presented by the American Intellectual Property Law Education Foundation; International Academy of Trial Lawyers Student Advocacy Award; and Hispanic Bar Association of Pennsylvania Legal Education Fund scholarship recipient