Mr. LePore is Managing Partner of the Firm and of the Philadelphia office. He is co-chair of the Higher Education Practice Group, and is past co-chair of the Firm’s Bankruptcy, Workout and Business Reorganization Practice Group and a member of the Pro Bono Committee. His practice includes general corporate and business law, with emphasis in bankruptcy, secured transactions, commercial lending, acquisitions and health law. His bankruptcy practice includes representing debtors, creditors, creditors’ committees and investors, with primary emphasis on creditor representation. This includes secured and unsecured lenders, real estate and equipment lessors and vendors.
News & Publications
- Schnader Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America 2020
- Schnader Lawyers Named to PA Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Schnader Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America 2019
- 40 Schnader Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America 2018
- Thirty-Seven Schnader Attorneys Selected for The Best Lawyers in America 2017
- Thirty-Three Schnader Attorneys Selected for The Best Lawyers in America 2016
- Schnader’s Legal Alliance Recognized as “Elite” in International Rankings
- Thirty-Two Schnader Attorneys Selected for The Best Lawyers in America 2015
- Thirty-One Schnader Attorneys Selected for The Best Lawyers in America 2014
- Nicholas LePore Named to Philadelphia Bar Association Large Firm Management Committee
- Nicholas LePore Named to Drexel University’s Earle Mack School of Law
- Thirty-Three Schnader Attorneys Selected for The Best Lawyers in America 2013
- Pro Bono Newsletter Summer 2012
- Sixty-Eight Schnader Attorneys Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Pro Bono Newsletter Summer 2011
- Thirty Schnader Attorneys Recognized as “The Best Lawyers in America” for 2012
- Thirty-Two Schnader Attorneys Recognized as “Best Lawyers in America” for 2011
- Pro Bono Newsletter Fall 2009
- Nicholas J. LePore, III Named the New Managing Partner of Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP
- Schnader’s Nick LePore Quoted in an Article on the Troubled Economy and Possible Increases in Bankruptcy Filings
- FN Estate, Inc Successfully Represented by Schnader
- LePore Comments on Home Builder’s Chapter 11
- Nicholas J. LePore Comments on ABFS Forced Bankruptcy
- “Protecting the Licensee When a Licensor Fails”
Community & Pro Bono
- Philadelphia Squash Racquets Association, Immediate Past President
- SquashSmarts, Board Member, 2012-present
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1980
- Temple University, B.B.A., magna cum laude, 1976
- Pennsylvania, 1980
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Paul M. Chalfin, Common Pleas Court of Philadelphia
- Drexel University School of Law, Board of Advisors, member
- Philadelphia Bar Association Large Firm Management Committee, member
- Philadelphia Bar Foundation, Board of Trustees, member
- Rutgers School of Law, guest lecturer
- American Bankruptcy Institute, member
- Bankruptcy Conference of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, member
- Turnaround Management Association, member
- ABI Bankruptcy Litigation Committee, member
- ABI Bankruptcy Unsecured Creditors Committee, member
- Noted as a “Pennsylvania Super Lawyer” for Litigation-Bankruptcy, 2019
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America for Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor / Insolvency and Reorganization Law and Litigation-Bankruptcy, 2011-2020
- Rated AV® Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Mr. LePore has represented debtors and creditors in complex workouts, litigation and bankruptcies of apartment buildings, shopping centers and other commercial properties.
- He has counseled the creditors’ committee in the bankruptcy of a national real estate syndicate.
- He has represented a variety of lending institutions as secured creditors in bankruptcy cases, in litigation involving plan confirmation, claim reconciliation, avoidance actions, motions for relief from stay, conversion, and appointment of a trustee.
- He represented an international diet franchise operation as debtor-in-possession in Chapter 11.
- He has represented a national Internet service provider as a debtor in Chapter 11.
- He has represented numerous companies in defending preference and fraudulent conveyance claims.
- He has counseled numerous clients in connection with spousal claims in the bankruptcy context.
- He has represented a hotel and time-share operation and a regional department store as debtors in Chapter 11.
- He has represented various equipment lessors, pension funds, and health care providers as creditors in Chapter 11.
- He has represented through appellate stages an account debtor in a case establishing the principle that bankruptcy sales of an account cannot be made free of claims of recoupment.
- He has represented numerous purchasers of businesses and assets in connection with sales under Section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code, as well as acquisitions by means of contested, competing plans of reorganization.