Mr. Langenus’ practice focuses on litigation arising out of all aspects of the manufacture and sale of goods. He concentrates his practice on general civil litigation matters, particularly product liability matters involving heavy machinery, automotive, asbestos, and HVAC equipment. He serves as national coordinating counsel for domestic and off-shore manufacturers. He has acted as general counsel to companies acquired by a merchant bank and has held board seats, corporate secretary, and general counsel status with such corporations. He has litigated commercial disputes involving the purchase and sale of business entities.
News & Publications
Community & Pro Bono
- Trustee, Regis College, Weston, MA
- Former Trustee, U.S. Army War College Foundation
- Former Co-Chair, Parents Advisory Board, Gettysburg College
- Commander, Post 653, Veterans of Foreign Wars, New Canaan, CT
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 1971
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., 1965
- New York, 1973
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Rated AV® Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Earl G. Harrison Community Service Award, 2016
- Colonel in the Army Reserve in Saudi Arabia during Operation Desert Storm, 1990-1991
- Captain in the Infantry of the U.S. Army in Vietnam, 1969-1970
National Coordinating Counsel
- An experienced litigator whose practice focuses on complex litigation, Mr. Langenus serves as national coordinating counsel for various manufacturers in multi-district litigation and in over 30 state court venues.
- Mr. Langenus has handled the acquisition of a leading manufacturer and exporter of consumer products for an overseas corporation, including negotiating and preparing a stock purchase agreement and participating in a private placement to raise asset-based acquisitions and working capital financing from a syndicate of institutional lenders.
- Mr. Langenus has handled various EEOC and employment matters for clients. He has served as lead defense counsel in employment actions for companies located in Connecticut and New York.
- In addition to representing manufacturers in all matters arising out of the manufacture and sale of goods, Mr. Langenus has represented those manufacturers in disputes involving the sale and financing of their businesses and product lines.