Polly Phillippi is a partner in the firm’s Litigation Services Department. Her practice focuses on premises liability, breach of warranty, product liability, personal injury defense, toxic torts, and employment litigation.
Ms. Phillippi represents national corporations in the manufacturing and retail industries. She has significant experience defending automobile manufacturers in lemon law, breach of warranty, and consumer fraud claims. She has tried many cases to verdict and has successfully won hundreds of arbitrations in federal and state courts.
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., with honors
- Temple University, Master of Public Administration, with highest honors
- Gettysburg College, B.A., Political Science, cum laude
- New Jersey, 1986
- Pennsylvania, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Pennsylvania
- Honorable Richard Klein, Philadelphia County Court of Common Pleas
- NJ ICLE Speaker/trainer for Lemon Law Arbitration Certification
- Rated AV® Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell®*
- Named among “New Jersey Super Lawyers,” in the areas of General Litigation and Personal Injury Defense, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009-2018*
- Temple University Beasley School of Law Barrister Award for Trial Advocacy
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Further information on methodologies is available via these links.
- Significant experience representing automobile manufacturers in lemon law, breach of warranty, and consumer fraud claims from case onset through disposition including arbitrations and trial.
- Represented major national retail or in premises liability litigation including arbitrations and trial.
- Defended products liability claims including alleged defects in manufacture and design, failure to warn, and breach of warranty theories.
- Developed and executed strategies with clients to minimize costs and fees, including summary disposition and negotiation of favorable settlements.
- Argued two successful appeals before the Delaware Supreme Court resulting in favorable opinions for automobile manufacturers.
- Extensive experience with insureds and automobile franchises defending claims and proposing adjustments how business is conducted to maximize customer satisfaction and minimize risk.
- Significant experience representing financing companies in breach of contract and consumer fraud disputes.
- Defended various automotive parts manufacturers in asbestos litigation.