Rhey Duque is an associate in the firm’s Litigation Services Department. His practice includes insurance defense, breach of contract claims, general liability, product liability, premises liability, and personal injury matters. He has experience in all aspects of litigation including preparing case evaluations, drafting pleadings, preparing and responding to discovery, drafting and arguing motions, conducting and defending depositions, and preparing settlement analysis. His experience also includes analyzing insurance policies to evaluate coverage issues, damages, and liability exposure.
While in law school, Mr. Duque served as a legal fellow to the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Financial Services where he negotiated proposed amendments to banking regulations. He also volunteered as a student attorney at the law clinic of American University Washington College of Law, providing advice on tax exemptions, landlord/tenant issues, and corporate structures. Prior to law school, Mr. Duque spent over 10 years in the real estate and finance industry. He was also a professional dancer, touring in 10 countries and 25 states.
- American University Washington College of Law, J.D., 2017
- Universidad Pontificia Comillas ICADE, Spain, Master of Laws, 2017
- California State Polytechnic University, B.S. in Business Administration, 2014
- New York
- Hispanic Bar Association, Member
- Filipino American Lawyers Association, Member
- National LGBT Bar Association, Member
- Law school awards include Dean’s Scholar; Best Negotiator, Alternative Dispute Resolution Honors Society; and Third Place in the Warsaw Negotiations Round Poland, Transactional Law Society.