Richard G. Satin, Managing Partner of the New York office, is a member of Schnader’s Business Services department, as well as Securities Law and Corporate & Finance Practice Groups. Mr. Satin has extensive experience representing financial institutions and businesses in the areas of commercial lending; targets and acquirers in mergers and acquisitions; and corporate issuers and investors in public and private debt and equity offerings and ongoing securities and regulatory compliance. His substantial lending experience covers syndicated and single lender credit facilities, secured and unsecured transactions, and senior and subordinated loan financings. Mr. Satin also has extensive experience in securities law transactions pursuant to the Securities Act of 1933 and Securities Exchange Act of 1934. His clients range from early emerging growth/early stage development companies to complex multi-national diversified manufacturers across a broad range of industries, including insurance, healthcare, telecommunications and technology.
Mr. Satin’s insurance broker/agent clients depend on him to handle their transactional as well as their regulatory needs. He is involved in structuring, documenting and obtaining regulatory approvals required in connection with all business transactions involving participants in the insurance industry.
News & Publications
Community & Pro Bono
- Active in civic and charitable pursuits, Mr. Satin serves on the Board of Directors of the Ronald McDonald House of Long Island. In 2011, Mr. Satin was selected as an Honoree of the Outreach House, a premier provider of adolescent residential treatment for drug and alcohol abuse. He was also selected as one of the 2010 Pro Bono Attorneys of the Year by Touro Law School, where he has also been a guest lecturer.
- Yeshiva University, Benjamin Cardozo School of Law, J.D., 1980
- SUNY at Stony Brook, B.A., 1977
- New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- New York State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- Sale and acquisition of insurance brokerage agencies (approximately 35 plus transactions aggregating $600 million in upfront value to date)
- Recently represeted a publicly traded clinical stage company specializing in innovative cancer treatment therapies, in a share exchange with a privately owned Mexican pharmaceutical company developing and commercializing specialty drugs.
- Recently represented one of the five firms currently engaged in the medical marijuana business in the State of New York as a licensed Registered Organization under the New York State Public Health Law, in the sale of its stock to an affiliate of a private equity fund
- Recently represented a major lending institution in connection with a $75 million Reducing Revolving Credit Facility and $2 million Letter of Credit Facility for a NYSE telecommunications company
- Recently represented a major lending institution in connection with a $625 million Credit Facility for a regional sports program, service and broadcast channel
- Recently represented a major lending institution in connection with a $250 million senior secured Credit Facility for a professional sports team
- Recently represented a publicly traded non-physician owned healthcare services company in acquiring controlling interest in an orthoaedic spine and interventional pain medicine company and an accredited ambulatory surgery center
- Recently represented a healthcare company in connection with the acquisition of a product line and a manufacturing facility from a private equity owned firm
- Recently represented a major lending institution in connection with a $100,000,000 syndicated Revolving Credit Facility, Non-Revolving Credit Facility and Term Loan to the largest regional owner and operator of fuel centers and convenience stores
- Recently represented a major lending institution in connection with an Amended and Restated Revolving Credit Facility in the principal amount of $12,000,000 to a leading retailer in the office furniture industry
- Recently completed the sale of $6,500,000 of Series A Preferred Stock for a New Jersey manufacturer of computer memory and software products
- Recently completed the sale of $750,000 of Subordinated Secured Convertible Bridge Notes and Common Stock Purchase Warrants to institutional investors for a manufacturer of computer and software products
- Filed an S-1 registration statement in a firm commitment underwriting
- Completed a registered direct offering of common stock and warrants for a publicly traded technology company
- Successfully reorganized the debt structure of a publicly traded technology company with a multimillion dollar convertible Preferred Stock Offering
- Completed the multimillion dollar sale of intellectual property and purchase of controlling interest of a Canadian corporation through a convertible note, warrant and stock purchase agreement for a publicly traded technology company
Mr. Satin published an article entitled “Say in Pay and Beyond” and was a panelist at several seminars: “Hot Topics in Securities Law: A Private Roundtable for Public Companies and Their Advisors,” “Current Trends and Developments in Corporate and Securities Law,” “Crowdfunding – Accounting and Legal Perspectives from Traditional and Emerging Enterprises,” and “Don’t be left behind: Tax Strategies and Deal Terms in M&A.”
Prior to joining Schnader, Mr. Satin was a partner at Meyer, Suozzi, English & Klein, P.C and of counsel to Ruskin, Moscou, Faltischek, P.C. From 1993 to 2009, Mr. Satin was Vice President, General Counsel and a member of the Board of Directors of Medical Action Industries Inc. Mr. Satin served as the Chief Legal Officer of the company and was responsible for all aspects of Medical Action’s legal affairs around the world. In addition, from 1994 to 2008, Mr. Satin served as Medical Action’s Principal Financial Officer.