Stephanie Short is an associate in the litigation services department and a member of the Firm’s Associates’ Committee. She is a member of the aviation practice group and the product liability practice group. She concentrates her practice on aviation, product liability, toxic tort, and environmental litigation.
Ms. Short represents aviation clients including airlines, aircraft owners, and aircraft parts manufacturers in litigation related to personal injury, product liability, and hull loss claims. She has also represented clients in environmental, oil and gas, toxic tort, and commercial litigation.
Before entering private practice, Ms. Short was an Equal Justice Works Fellow at a civil legal aid organization in Louisiana. As an Equal Justice Works Fellow, she secured disaster recovery funds for low-income clients by clearing title to more than 100 homes.
News & Publications
- Aviation Happenings – Spring 2019
- Aviation Happenings – Winter 2018
- Pro Bono Victory Protects Attorney-Client Communications for Incarcerated Individuals in PA
- Aviation Happenings- Fall 2018
- Aviation Happenings- Summer 2018
- NJ Confirms the Court’s Gatekeeper Function and Joins the Slow March Toward State-Court Acceptance of Daubert
- Jonathan Skowron and Stephanie Short Featured in Article in Lawyers Journal about CLE Program
- Aviation Happenings- Spring 2018
- Aviation Happenings- Fall 2017
- Stephanie Short Selected for Bar Leadership Initiative Program
- Stephanie Short Appointed to DRI Committee
- Aviation Happenings- Summer 2017
- Schnader Welcomes New Associates
- Aviation Happenings- Spring 2017
Community & Pro Bono
- Ms. Short mentors a local high school student through Big Brothers Big Sisters’ Mentor 2.0 program. She also is a junior board member of Venture Outdoors, an organization whose mission is to help more people experience the outdoors. She is also active in the Allegheny County Bar Association through which she is a co-chair of the practicing green initiative of the YLD Public Service Committee.
- Ms. Short’s pro bono work includes representing asylum applicants in immigration proceedings.
- Lewis & Clark Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2011
- Tulane University, M.S., Environmental Biology, 2008
- Tulane University, B.S., Environmental Biology, cum laude, 2007
- Pennsylvania, 2017
- New York, 2017
- Louisiana, 2011
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Louisiana Supreme Court
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Western and Middle Districts of Louisiana
- American Bar Association, Member
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member; Aviation Law Committee, Vice Chair of Publications
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Experimental Aircraft Association, Member
- The Ninety-Nines, International Organization of Woman Pilots, Member
- Louisiana Bar Association Pro Bono Century Award, 2016
- Assisting in the defense of aircraft engine manufacturer in fatal military helicopter crash.
- Assisting in the defense of major airline in an in-flight personal injury.
- Assisting in the defense of aircraft engine manufacturer in a fatal Robinson R66 helicopter crash.
- Assisting in the defense of industrial sand company in breach of lease and environmental remediation suit.
- Assisting in the defense of car seat manufacturer in product liability suit.
- “The Public Trust Doctrine in Louisiana” in The Public Trust Doctrine in the Thirty-Seven States (2013 ed.)