W. McKinney Brown is an associate in the firm’s Litigation Department with experience in general liability, construction defect, labor law, and retail litigation. He previously served as Assistant Corporation Counsel at the New York City Law Department, where he defended the City and its agencies against suits alleging property damage, personal injury, and state and federal civil rights violations. In this role, he managed a vertical caseload of matters from inception to trial, and represented various City agencies as lead counsel in both jury and bench trials. He has also drafted and argued dozens of dispositive motions, conducted and defended hundreds of depositions, and prepared lay and expert witnesses for trial. While in law school, Mr. Brown interned at the Wake County Public Defender’s Office, where he defended clients accused of misdemeanors at bench trials and other proceedings.
- Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D., 2015
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., Political Science and German, 2012
- German, limited working proficiency
- New York, 2016
- New York City Bar Association, Member
- LGBT Bar Association of New York, Member
- Wake Forest Journal of Law & Policy, Senior Editor