Thank you for your interest in Schnader. We are seeking highly motivated, talented individuals with a commitment to excellence, our community and the highest standards of professionalism. Please see below for open positions.
Corporate Legal Secretary (3 years)
Full time Legal Secretary with Corporate practice experience sought for long established, team oriented, warm and friendly law firm located in downtown Pittsburgh. Team player will be responsible for supporting the work of 3 to 4 attorneys and occasional secretarial overflow work. Seeking a positive individual who regularly demonstrates initiative, is highly motivated to learn new techniques, flexible with work assignments and works well with people. This is a wonderful opportunity to work with a great group of people.
- Format, type and proof complex legal documents using CompareRite, ChangePro or other redlining applications
- Prepare and edit correspondence, and other legal documents from written, oral and dictated sources
- Copy documents and correspondence
- Maintain and properly close and/or purge files; scan and file Firm and Client correspondence and legal documents into systems
- Prepare new business records, engagement letters
- Input and edit attorneys’ time; prepare and mail billing letters
- Schedule meetings and make travel arrangements
- Answer telephone, distribute messages; set up conference calls; send and receive emails and faxes; resolve issues as needed; open, sort and distribute mail
- Reconcile expense reimbursements; process check and petty cash requests
- Maintain attorneys’ calendars
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 3 years of continuous legal secretarial experience supporting a corporate practice required
- Working knowledge of ChangePro or other redlining application required
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Accurate typing (minimum 65 wpm) required
- Excellent proofreading and dictaphone transcription skills
- Strong research skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Strong organization and interpersonal communication skills (oral and written)
Qualified candidates should e-mail a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “PCLS” in the e-mail “Subject” line.
Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Seasoned full time Billing Coordinator sought for long established, team oriented law firm located in downtown Philadelphia. Team player will be responsible for completing billing requests in a timely fashion. Seeking a positive individual who can work independently, is a self-starter, regularly demonstrates initiative, is highly motivated, flexible with work assignments and works well with people.
What sets Schnader apart from its competitors is its “small-firm” feel and “large firm” legal practice. Schnader’s long-standing tradition and commitment to pro bono work and public service, paired with its talented attorneys and staff, sophisticated work and a high level of customer service has contributed to its reputation for superior quality legal work within a uniquely positive and friendly working environment. This is a wonderful opportunity for a billing professional who enjoys serving clients in a diverse legal environment and who takes pride in and ownership of a job well done.
- Assist in the review, editing, production and mailing of client invoices;
- Aid in the preparation of and distribution of ad hoc reports;
- Handle other billing related requests as needed including inquiries from attorneys, secretaries and paralegals, misc research, billing & payment analysis
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of e-billing experience required\
- Working knowledge of and experience working in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Work schedule: Monday – Friday with 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
- 4 years of law firm billing experience, including e-billing using 3rd party vendors preferred but not required
- Elite Enterprise or 3E Billing and e-Billing Hub experience preferred but not required
- Detail orientated
- Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as a part of a team, willingness to take on projects and other tasks, outside typical Billing Coordinator role
Schnader offers an extensive menu of generous benefits including medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, long term care, life, AD&D, supplemental life, supplemental AD&D , gap hospital, accident and critical illness insurances, flex spending (Medical, Dependent Care & Transportation) and health savings accounts, pet insurance, retirement plan as well as paid vacation, sick and holiday time. Most effective on the first of the month following date of hire.
Qualified candidates should e-mail a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “ Billing Coordinator ” in the “Subject” line.
Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accounts Payable Coordinator
Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP, a national law firm, seeks to hire an entry-level, team-oriented individual who, under the Manager of Client Accounting Services, will perform a variety of time-sensitive accounts payable transactions by interacting verbally with clients and internal staff/attorneys.
What sets Schnader apart from its competitors is its “small-firm” feel and “large firm” legal practice. Schnader’s long-standing tradition and commitment to pro bono work and public service, combined with its talented attorneys, sophisticated work, and a high level of client service has contributed to its reputation for superior quality legal work. This is a wonderful opportunity to work with a great team in a national law firm.
- Review check requests for invoices and cost related expenses; check for approvals, receipts and correct coding
- Ensure check requests conform to Firm policy and procedures
- Enter check requests into the Elite 3E system
- Print checks, acquire approval and mail to vendors, internal staff/attorneys
- Enter soft costs, postage, and courier expenses into Elite
- File check request backup in accordance with the existing practice upon completion of check processing
- Assist with Escrow transactions, as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year of Accounts Payable experience preferably in a law firm or professional services environment
- Elite 3E experience is a plus
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Basic Math skills
- Ability to type with accuracy
- Strong proofreading skills for text, grammar and spelling
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
Candidates should email a resume and cover letter highlighting how their background matches that of the position responsibilities, requirements and skills to email@example.com. Please include “A/P” in the email subject line.
Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP is an equal opportunity employer.