Thank you for your interest in Schnader. We are seeking highly motivated, talented individuals with a commitment to excellence, our community and the highest standards of professionalism. Please see below for open positions.
Corporate Legal Secretary (3-5 years)
Full time Legal Secretary with Corporate practice experience sought for long-established, team-oriented, warm and friendly law firm located in downtown Pittsburgh. Team player will be responsible for supporting the work of 3 to 4 attorneys and occasional secretarial overflow work. Seeking a positive individual who regularly demonstrates initiative, is highly motivated to learn new techniques, flexible with work assignments and works well with people.
- Format, type and proof complex legal documents using CompareRite, ChangePro or other redlining applications
- Prepare and edit correspondence, minutes of meetings and other legal documents from written, oral and dictated sources
- Copy documents and correspondence
- Maintain and properly close and/or purge files; scan and file Firm and Client correspondence and legal documents into Matter Centricity
- Prepare new business records, engagement letters
- Input and edit attorneys’ time; review pre-bills; prepare and mail billing letters
- Schedule meetings and make travel arrangements
- Answer telephone, distribute messages; set up conference calls; send and receive emails and faxes; resolve issues as needed; open, sort and distribute mail
- Reconcile expense reimbursements; process check and petty cash requests
- Maintain attorneys’ calendars; schedule inside and outside meets; reserve conference rooms; order food and/or refreshments
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years of continuous legal secretarial experience supporting a corporate practice required
- Working knowledge of ChangePro or other redlining application required
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point required
- Experience working with AIA contract documents preferred but not required
- iManage preferred
- Accurate typing (minimum 65 wpm) required
- Excellent proofreading and dictaphone transcription skills
- Strong research skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Strong organization and interpersonal communication skills (oral and written)
Experience in the following practice areas would be helpful:
- Business Services
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Energy & Environment
Qualified candidates should e-mail a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “PCLS” in the e-mail “Subject” line.
Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accounts Payable Coordinator
Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP, a national law firm, seeks to hire an entry-level, team-oriented individual who, under the Manager of Client Accounting Services, will perform a variety of time-sensitive accounts payable transactions by interacting verbally with clients and internal staff/attorneys.
What sets Schnader apart from its competitors is its “small-firm” feel and “large firm” legal practice. Schnader’s long-standing tradition and commitment to pro bono work and public service, combined with its talented attorneys, sophisticated work, and a high level of client service has contributed to its reputation for superior quality legal work. This is a wonderful opportunity to work with a great team in a national law firm.
- Review check requests for invoices and cost related expenses; check for approvals, receipts and correct coding
- Ensure check requests conform to Firm policy and procedures
- Enter check requests into the Elite 3E system
- Print checks, acquire approval and mail to vendors, internal staff/attorneys
- Enter soft costs, postage, and courier expenses into Elite
- File check request backup in accordance with the existing practice upon completion of check processing
- Assist with Escrow transactions, as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year of Accounts Payable experience preferably in a law firm or professional services environment
- Elite 3E experience is a plus
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Basic Math skills
- Ability to type with accuracy
- Strong proofreading skills for text, grammar and spelling
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
Candidates should email a resume and cover letter highlighting how their background matches that of the position responsibilities, requirements and skills to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “A/P” in the email subject line.
Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP is an equal opportunity employer.