Schnader Attorneys Presented “Navigating the Tributaries of Document Discovery”On May 24, 2012 by Schnader
John K. Gisleson, Thomas C. Gricks, III, and Jennifer A. Callery presented “Navigating the Tributaries of Document Discovery” on May 24, 2012 for the Allegheny County Bar Association in Pittsburgh, Pa. The program discussed how to manage several seemingly ancillary issues in document and electronically stored information (“ESI”) production that can have a significant impact on a litigation. From the proper handling of privileged documents to avoid waiver, to the use of the latest electronic document culling technologies, the session provided useful advice and pertinent examples for issues such as:
- the current status of document production privileges in Pennsylvania;
- preparation of privilege logs that will satisfy applicable state and federal rules;
- effectively controlling production with confidentiality and claw-back agreements and orders;
- planning and managing the document production process;
- using predictive coding to review huge quantities of documents and implementing an effective predictive coding program; and
- scrutinizing the opposing party’s production to identify shortcomings.
This program will provide an opportunity to focus on, and understand how to control, those issues that can provide significant benefits to, or impose unnecessary burdens on, modern document production.