Schnader Presents: Who’s Calling and Why and Who Wants to Know? Legal Issues Concerning Company Monitoring of Phone Calls and E-mailsOn December 8, 2011 by Schnader
Deena Jo Schneider and Terry Loscalzo, partners in the Firm’s Philadelphia office, along with Lisa Kolman Fleischer, Senior Manager, Bid Department of Canon Financial Services, Inc., presented a complimentary webinar, which provided one hour of CLE credit. The webinar explained basic legal considerations and then walk participants through best practices concerning when and how to implement a recording or monitoring policy and the disclosures that should accompany it.
Topics covered included:
- The Federal Wiretap Act and its business use and consent exceptions
- FCC rules governing recording of landline telephone calls
- State wiretapping or eavesdropping statutes, including exceptions for business use and consent
- The existence of both one-party and all-party consent state laws
- The difference between express and implied consent
- The danger of surreptitious recording of phone call
The archived version of this program can be viewed for one hour of CLE credit at this PLI web address until November, 2012.