Scott Wenner Presented Webinar on Retaliation Claims: Understanding and Addressing the Risk to EmployersOn April 25, 2013 by Schnader
Scott J. Wenner presented the webinar “Retaliation Claims: Understanding and Addressing the Risk to Employers” on April 25, 2013. Whistleblower claims – a slightly different version of the retaliation claim – are increasing rapidly due to new, pro-employee laws that often reverse past legal precedent. Employment lawyers overwhelmingly concur that retaliation claims are the most difficult employment claims to defend. More than 20 federal laws currently protect employees who report suspected unlawful activity to the appropriate authorities – and the unlawful activity only need be based on a “reasonable” belief of unlawfulness on the employee’s part.
The webinar discussed topics including:
- The differences between retaliation claims and whistleblower claims.
- Defining unlawful retaliation and what that means to employers.
- Understanding what it takes to prove a retaliation claim, and issues that arise during this process.
- Steps you can take to develop an integrated process for reporting and handling complaints of discrimination and mistreatment.
- How to protect your company against retaliation claims.
For more information, please click here.