Trimmed Hedge Funds: How They Might Behave Differently Given Present Market ConditionsOn August 6, 2008 by Schnader
Kevin Coleman acted as moderator for the presentation “Trimmed Hedge Funds: How They Might Behave Differently Given Present Market Conditions,” sponsored by The Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section of The Bar Association of San Francisco.
- What is a hedge fund, anyway? It’s more about what it is NOT than what it IS
- The current status of the “hedge fund market” and the remedial actions of market participants. Are they working?
- Marking to a non-existent market vs. marking to a bias ridden model. How should esoteric and infrequently traded assets held by a hedge fund be valued and potential conflicts be avoided?
- A newer and perhaps wounded player at the table: the dynamics of having a hedge fund as a constituent in a workout situation in the current market
- Considerations when the hedge fund goes assets up