Webinar: Corporate Bankruptcy 101On August 20, 2009 by Schnader
Greg Nuti and Kevin Coleman of Schnader’s San Francisco Office presented “Corporate Bankruptcy 101,” a free webinar, on Thursday, August 20th.
Bankruptcy will affect most of us somehow; through a client, vendor, partner, or unfortunately, through our employer. Understanding the basics of bankruptcy gives insight into what to expect and helps people better position their companies to interact with organizations facing bankruptcy. Expert bankruptcy attorneys Greg Nuti and Kevin Coleman from Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP presented an overview of the bankruptcy process as well as specific employment issues associated with this course of action.
The webinar agenda included:
- The Automatic Stay and other protections for the bankrupt company;
- The Debtor’s power to recover pre-bankruptcy payments to creditors, and how to keep what you have;
- How long term contracts and leases are affected;
- Employee payments & severance;
- Labor law issues;
- Indemnity for officers; and,
- Pension obligations.